The Education Minister, Dr Yaw Osei Adutwum, has reiterated his commitment to improving the education system in Ghana.
According to him, his zeal to facilitate an improved sector during his tenure goes beyond mere rhetorics.
The Minister has come under criticism recently for some public comments regarding Ghana’s approach to educating its populace.
But speaking in an exclusive interview on the AM Show, the educationist insisted that his speeches are only geared towards drawing attention to the problems to create a sense of urgency among the stakeholders.
“I think we create awareness by telling people so that there is a sense of urgency and by the way, this is what is going on. It doesn’t mean that you are just talking about it and you are just one of them,” he said.
However, Dr Adutwum told JoyNews that it does not end there.
He told host, Bernice Abu-Baidoo Lansah that many of the challenges he talks about are at various stages of being addressed.
“I should create a sense of urgency for all of us that something is not right. I need to fix it but I’m a fixer, not a talker. So if something is not right, I’ll talk about it but if they follow me, they will see that I’m doing something about what I’m talking about,” he concluded.
- 3 die, 8 go blind as FDA cautions against certain eyedrop brands
- Parliament approves all six ministerial nominees
- Get financing assurances from creditors, partners before Board approval – IMF to Ghana
- Minority MPs oppose approval of 2 Supreme Court Justice nominees
- Playback: MPs voting on approval of Akufo-Addo’s ministerial appointees
- Akufo-Addo laughs over Volta Regional Minister’s new nickname- ‘Triple 66’
- AFCON 2023Q: Benching Andre Ayew was my choice – Chris Hughton
- ‘I’ll direct that your hand be cut off one day’ – Speaker teases Afenyo-Markin
- We’ve had positive talks with China over $1.7bn debt – Finance Minister
- 2023 AFCONQ: Ghana 1-0 Angola: Player Ratings – Partey shines, Mensah struggles
- Chris Hughton told me Baba Yara pitch is one of the best he’s seen – NSA Boss
- U23 AFCON 2023Q: Black Meteors held to 1-1 draw in Algeria
- Principal fired after Florida students shown Michelangelo statue
- Vatican returns Parthenon sculptures to Greece
- Chad nationalises assets belonging to Exxon Mobile
- NPP Bono Regional Organizer supports TESCON with 200k
- Mbappe scores in France heavy win over Netherlands
- This woman left her AirPods on a plane. She tracked them to an airport worker’s home
- Cedi depreciates by 22.1% in March 2023 – BoG
- I am not ready to die – Bagbin says as he calls for adjournment of prolonged sitting
- Ghana’s debt unchanged at ¢575.7bn – BoG
- Government makes additional payment for outstanding coupons
- Speaker congratulates approved ministerial nominees
- Playback: One-on-one with Prof Ofori Birikorang on PM Express
- This Saturday on Newsfile