Rocky Dawuni says that winning awards are not his motivation for making music.
Speaking in an interview on GTV’s Breakfast Show, the Reggae musician stated that he seeks to make an impact and leave a lasting impression on his listeners and fans when creating music.
“I have never done music for the sake of awards; I have never made music to chase awards. I have always made music to innovate and connect with people, spread happiness and joy, and bring God to people around the world,” Rocky Dawuni said.
He added that getting nominated two times for a Grammy Award was not his achievement alone but rather that places the light on him and Ghanaian artists.
Rocky Dawuni believes this is a challenge for artistes to do better while working assiduously to put Ghana at the forefront when it comes to music.
“Our music is not about the Grammys; there is always a bigger world to impact with our music,” he added.
In 2016, Rocky Dawuni because the first Ghanaian to be noted for a Grammy.
His Branches of the Same Tree was nominated for Best Reggae Album, and in 2021, his Voice of BunBon, Vol. 1, was nominated for the Best Global Music Album award.
- Supreme Court dismisses land ownership claim by Teshie family
- Cattle and sheep easier to control than Nigerians – Buhari
- Ghana branded ambulance found in Dubai in viral video not for sale – National Ambulance Service
- Independent Power Producers reject government bid to restructure $1.58bn debt
- Attorney General asks Speaker to declare Assin North seat vacant
- T-bills auction: Government fails to meet target again; interest rates still surging
- I didn’t insult you – Mahama responds to Nana Akomea
- Legon Cities drag Hearts of Oak into relegation dogfight
- Let’s unite to remove E-levy, Covid-19 levy – Ablakwa urges MPs
- IMF deal: Government to reduce public sector compensations by 0.5%
- The IMF programme has been designed with an extension in mind – Prof Bokpin
- IMF deal: There is a lot of pain; government must first calm the market – Prof Bokpin
- Government should have called a national meeting before announcing 0.5% compensation reduction -Labour expert
- Hohoe gets new ultra modern market, traders commend Municipal Assembly
- GIZ support: Over 400 young entrepreneurs receive startup tools to build and grow their business
- Otumfuo destools chief of Asante’s famous Antoa town
- From Eric’s Diary: A scammer’s hi
- Menstrual hygiene: NDC Volta Regional Women’s Wing distributes pads to Ketasco girls
- Pensioner Bondholders to resume picketing on Thursday
- MLGWUI encourages Bono returnees to become sustainable entrepreneurs after return home
- Member of Parliament Mustapha Ussif donates ambulance to Yizesi community
- Tinubu removes controversial Fuel subsidy in Nigeria
- Build and entrench Ghana’s own policy credibility without IMF anchor – IEA to current and future governments
- We’re sorry for obnoxious statements about Christianity in history textbook – Ghana Authors & Publishers
- Luv Fm leads sanitary pad donation to girls in Amansie Central District