Audio By Carbonatix
An estate developer, Patrick Ndego, has given detailed information on events that led to the death of a military officer, Michael Danso, at Millennium City.
Mr Ndego said he owns 2,500 acres of land in the community and sold portions of the land to the deceased and his colleague, Lance Corporal Omar Abdulai Rahman.
According to him, the deceased purchased the land in January 2024 and had already started work on it.
But Mr Ndego acknowledged that, there was a dispute after one Nana Isaac claimed ownership.
“I took the matter to the Regional Police Commander, who instructed us to vacate the land until the dispute was resolved.
“Later, I realised some people were working on the land and when I challenged them, they persisted, so I called the soldier to witness the situation. The landguard also called their people who assaulted me,” he narrated on Accra-based Neat FM.
However, Mr. Ndego said he was not present at the time of the fatal shooting.
“From what I’ve been told, the military officers arrived without causing trouble, but Benlord confronted Lance Corporal Danso and shot at his vehicle seven times, resulting in his death” he stated.
“Benlord is known for his aggression. He recently brandished a firearm at soldiers on another property. He has also repeatedly threatened my life,” Mr. Ndego bemoaned.

Background
The soldier, Lance Corporal Michael Danso was shot on Tuesday at Millennium City over an alleged land dispute around 4:20 pm.
Preliminary investigation revealed that, the deceased accompanied his colleague who owns a half plot of land to the area where the incident occurred.
He was rushed to the Mother and Child Hospital in Kasoa for treatment but succumbed to his injuries and was pronounced dead.
Meanwhile, the suspect, Benlord Ababio has since been arrested and is currently in police custody, assisting with investigations.
Latest Stories
-
Mahama commissions Yamoransa Model Lab 13 to advance STEM and digital skills training
18 seconds -
Youth Ministry says nearly 90,000 young people are employed under government programmes
1 hour -
Adaklu Mountain now a security zone – Volta Regional Minister
1 hour -
Volta Regional Minister assures PAC of stricter supervision of government projects
2 hours -
Can Parliament enforce its own laws?
2 hours -
ECG announces major transformer upgrade at Batsonaa – see the affected areas
2 hours -
Ghanaian released after 77 days in Burkinabe detention
2 hours -
Football Noise, Economic Silence
2 hours -
Replacing Haruna and Muntaka in Parliament was strategic for Election 2024 – Asiedu Nketia, Osei Kyei-Mensah-Bonsu explain the plot
3 hours -
Security service recruitment medical results to be released next week – Interior Minister
3 hours -
Ghana’s tech prodigies set for Geneva after triumphant ‘Robotics for Good’ national qualifiers
3 hours -
World Bank document shows 27 countries seeking to ensure access to crisis funds
3 hours -
Mahama says Ghana’s IMF programme was close to derailment before he took over
3 hours -
Uganda confirms 3 new Ebola cases, bringing total to 5
3 hours -
Senegal president sacks PM Sonko, dissolves government after months of friction
3 hours