Musician, King Promise has revealed the reason he wasn’t present at Criss Waddle and Medikal’s AMG Connect Concert.
According to King Promise, he didn’t receive any formal invitation from Criss Waddle or his team to attend the event.
Speaking on Daybreak Hitz with Doreen Avio, King Promise said: “I wasn’t invited to the event. And even if I was, I had other engagements yesterday. I try to be everywhere I can. But I hope the event went well.”
His comment comes after the Bie Gya rapper, in a series of posts on Snapchat, expressed his disappointment at not seeing King Promise and R2bees at his concert on Saturday, 17th December 2022.
A few hours after videos of King Promise and R2bees performing at Gyakie’s Party Live with Gyakie, held on Friday, 16th December 2022, surfaced online, Criss Waddle took to social media to vent, accusing the artists of ignoring his concert, AMG Connect Concert.
Criss Waddle believes he deserved some level of support from the aforementioned artists considering their longstanding relationship, spanning over two decades.
But Criss Waddle laid more of the blame at the feet of King Promise’s manager, Ohene Faruku.
According to the Ayi hitmaker, King Promise’s absence at the AMG Connect Concert was engineered by his manager, even though he (Criss Waddle) had a good relationship with the artist.
The rapper also accused Gomi, R2bees’ manager, of not making the necessary arrangements for the duo to offer some support to him at his concert.
R2bees and their manager are yet to respond to Criss Waddle’s claims.
- We were never consulted on NDC Parliamentary leadership reshuffle – Muntaka Mubarak
- Minority Leadership reshuffle an affront to dignity of NDC Caucus – Dr. Dominic Ayine
- Financial crisis has affected my GH¢106k investment – Agyinasare
- Debt Exchange Programme: Government reaches agreement with Ghana Insurers Association
- Stonebwoy thanks Asamoah Gyan for paying for his surgery 7 years ago
- Tullow Oil challenges GRA over $300m tax imposition
- ‘I’ve had frank conversations with Haruna Iddrisu’ – Ato Forson reveals
- Consultations are not mandatory – Dr. Spio-Garbrah on change in Minority leadership
- Haruna Iddrisu, Muntaka Mubarak still leaders of Minority Caucus – Cletus Avoka
- Haruna Iddrisu disclaims posts on Facebook, Twitter handles purported to be his
- Government defaults in paying teachers’ Tier 2 pension
- 2022/23 betPawa PL: Hearts of Oak head to Tarkwa, Kotoko host Kotoku Royals
- Paapa Versa recruits KooKusi for new single ‘Lights go dim’ from upcoming ‘Versa Villa’ album
- Adjust fiscal measures and save ¢83.bn; don’t touch our funds – IBF to government
- Morgan Stanley penalizes employees as much as $1 million for WhatsApp breaches – source
- Today’s front pages: Friday, January 27, 2023
- Kenya pushes one-pub-per-town order to fight alcoholism
- Kenyan court convicts Venezuelan diplomat of murder
- Decision to reshuffle NDC’s Minority Leadership was taken by FEC – Yamin
- AMA to roll out digital revenue collection system in March 2023
- Let’s assemble our own domestic IMF team before we are told to do so – Alhassan Andani
- Commercial banks should not be faulted for selling cocoa bills – Alhassan Andani
- DDE could be a positive turning point for Ghana – Alhassan Andani
- Mahama speaks on Africa’s strategic priorities at Chatham House
- Pusiga celebrates late philanthropist’s 67 years of changing lives