Reggae/Dancehall musician Stonebwoy has reacted to a viral video showing individuals running away from a Black Toyota Land Cruiser v8 vehicle set on fire, with a man lying motionless not quite 20 meters away.
The vehicle had apparently been driven into a side drain and had its left front part stuck. The incident was recorded at Dzorwulu in Accra.
Stonebwoy, in a post on social media, stated that he was disappointed to see people record the man who was bleeding from the head region without offering him any help.
He says it seemed the witnesses, like other people in similar situations elsewhere, were more interested in capturing the moment than helping the man whose life was apparently in danger.
“Like I’m so disappointed in some of us. Our smartphones have sucked out our common senses. He could have called an ambulance or the Fire Service anyway realising how it takes forever for both Fire and ambulance to show up.”
“How about quickly arranging a taxi to carry this man to the hospital to save his life? I see many of us are interested in filming the incidents that happen in order to post instead of actually saving the situation and then dealing with the extras later,” Stonebwoy wrote.
He urged the general public to do better in such situations.
Meanwhile, the incident was said to have resulted from a dispute over a parcel of land at Central Dzorwulu in Accra.
The vehicle was said to belong to two suspects who had organised to demolish a bedroom apartment and were trying to escape from the police.
The suspects, Nana Owusu Banahene and James Quainoo, were arrested for demolishing the four-bedroom apartment and allegedly attacking occupants of the house.
- Akufo-Addo reshuffles ministers
- He said just the ‘tip’, but now I’m pregnant; the story of a university fresher
- Businessman Ibrahim Mahama to fund treatment, education of former NSMQ ‘Shark’
- Turkey earthquakes: Ghana star Christian Atsu found after 26 hours under rubble
- GES, Education Ministry to release academic calendar for SHS
- Turkey earthquake: “Huge and miraculous” – Christian Atsu’s local manager reacts to his rescue
- Haruna Iddrisu did not sell out NDC to us – Kyei-Mensah-Bonsu
- Turkey earthquake: Ghanaian students recount horror
- Demand for dollars ease; BoG sold only $9.2m on spot market
- Stonebwoy shares pictures of red carpet moments at 2023 Grammys
- It will be stinking hypocrisy for police to serve justice by criminalising free speech – Opare Addo
- Ghana’s oil profile under Akufo-Addo unprecedented – Energy Ministry tells Mahama
- LeBron James is NBA all-time scorer
- Shadrach Arloo: Pathologist labels asphyxiation, obstruction of airway by foreign body as cause of death
- Akufo-Addo donates cash, food items towards funeral of late Yagbonwura
- 60% of doctors are in Accra and Kumasi – Health Ministry
- 9 arrested in Atewa Forest for illegal mining
- Pencils of Promise commissions 197th classroom block
- Newmont Ahafo North Mining Project: Chiefs, youth groups appeal to government to apply state laws, warns WACAM
- Reshuffle is to reinvigorate government – Majority Leader
- Majority Leader stops taking fuel allocation in response to Ghana’s economic woes
- Digital Cooperation Organisation makes case for collaboration at LEAP in Saudi Arabia
- Asante Akim Marathon winner to compete in world cross country competition
- DDEP: Government commends bondholders who have tendered their bonds
- DDEP: Government grants 3-day administrative window for bondholders to complete processes