The Individual Bondholders Forum (IBF) says it has proposed measures for the government to make savings on its expenditure.
According to the IBF, these measures if implemented could save the country some GH¢83 billion.
The Forum made this known in a press release issued on Thursday, January 26, after its work with the joint technical committee set up by the Finance Minister to consider their issues.
Providing update on the committee’s work, the Forum said it did its best in the discharge of its duties on the committee based on the terms of reference provided.
“However, it is important to state that the IBF honourably discharged its mandate based on the terms of reference for the joint technical committee and has proposed nearly GHS 83 billion savings in fiscal re-adjustment (expenditure and revenue measures),” excerpts of the statement said.
It thus asked its members to be expectant of a communique from the Finance Ministry on their demands to be exempted from the ongoing debt exchange programme.
“Any moment from today, the report of the joint technical committee of Individual Bondholders Forum (IBF) and the Finance Ministry shall be shared with you. This is subject to the acceptance of the Minister of Finance,” it added.
The joint technical committee was formed to address the concerns of individual bondholders over the inclusion of their bonds in the debt exchange programme.
The committee comprised of representatives from the government and the bondholders and have thus been meeting and exchanging ideas since Thursday, January 19, 2023.
- Akufo-Addo swears in 3 new members of Electoral Commission
- ECG disconnects power to Ho Airport, GRA over debt
- Fella Makafui reacts after Twitter user accuses her of ‘sleeping’ with Medikal’s ex-manager
- Overborrowing is one of Akufo-Addo’s biggest mistakes – Prof Adei
- ‘Western Togoland’: 5 secessionists handed 5 years in jail each
- Ludacris hangs out with Sarkodie in Ghana, fans speculate new music
- Ghana v Angola: Kingsley Schindler replaces injured Tariq Lamptey
- Cedi may record mixed performance to dollar this week
- GALLERY: Best pictures from Black Stars training at Accra Sports Stadium on Monday
- Putin says ties with Africa a priority to Moscow
- AFCON 2023Q: Goalpost collapses and injures Wollacott in training
- Ugandan parliament passes bill to jail gay people
- Ghana’s economy is still afloat because of Alan Kyerematen’s vision – Buaben Asamoah
- Intimidation of journalists is on the rise – Kweku Andoh Awotwi
- I have already won Ayawaso West Wuogon NDC primaries – Fred Nuamah
- Playback: One-one-on with Managing Director of ECG on PM Express
- EC has become an annex of the NPP – Sammy Gyamfi
- If you move right, you don’t need 10 shows to be okay – Kelvyn Boy
- Akufo-Addo is packing EC with known NPP members – Kofi Adams
- 3 JoyNews journalists win big at Merck Foundation 2022 Media Recognition Awards
- I want to be President to build a new Ghana –Kwaku Kobeah
- Essence of marketing is creation of strong brands – Nsarkoh
- Christiana Awuni explains why ‘slay queens’ can’t quit having body enhancement surgeries
- Spend wisely, desist from expensive borrowing – GSE boss to government
- GOIL supports Appiatse Disaster Fund