The Information Ministry has condemned the attack on Benya FM’s presenter who was assaulted by unnamed men during an on-air programme last Monday.
Therefore, it has called on the District Police Command to promptly investigate and prosecute the alleged perpetrators accordingly.
In a press release issued on Wednesday, May 18, 2022, the Ministry said the action by the thugs was unnecessary and without justification.
“The Ministry of Information condemns the reported assault in no uncertain terms and urges the police to promptly investigate and prosecute the alleged perpetrators accordingly,” the Ministry said.
It described as totally unacceptable the attack on the broadcaster and says “there is no justification whatsoever for a broadcaster to be assaulted simply for doing his work.”
Some unknown men attacked Osofo Blessing, a presenter with Benya FM in Elmina over reports that the radio station was discussing matters of non-availability of premix fuel and how those who are not fishermen were given the product to the detriment of fishers who need it.
This, according to the statement, Deputy Minister for Information, Fatimatu Abubakar has spoken to the manager of the station and the District Police Commander, both of whom are working together to investigate the incident and ensure that the suspects are brought to book.
- Nigerian singer Teni gifts SHS teacher a car
- Brother stands in as groom skips wedding to train
- Ghana’s debt stock up ¢9bn to ¢402.4bn in July 2022 – BoG
- Akufo-Addo’s fight against illegal mining is a complete ‘419’ – Sammy Gyamfi
- Daniel Afriyie Barnieh to run down Hearts contract as he rejects new deal
- Parliament warns Herald Editor to cease exposés on controversial GNPC/Genser Energy contract
- British officials release date for King Charles III’s coronation
- Black Sherif’s ‘Soja’ debuts on Billboard’s US Afrobeats Chart
- FDA concurs with WHO’s caution against four substandard paediatric medicines found in The Gambia
- Increase price of bag of cocoa to ¢1,500 or we smuggle it – Farmers
- ‘I have given up on dating; guys do not take me seriously’ – Comedienne Jacinta
- Kuami Eugene grabs 2022 BMI London award
- Former Arsenal star Emmanuel Petit calls for Thomas Partey backup in January
- Bawumia has been a disaster as head of economic management team – Felix Kwakye Ofosu
- People like our union – Shatta Wale on why he requested to collaborate with Michy
- Qatar 2022: Ghana vs Uruguay not a ‘revenge’ game – Andre Ayew
- Malta Guinness WPL: Ridge City take on Essiam Socrates; Pearlpia face Prisons Ladies on Day 1
- I think Black Sherif is Bob Marley reincarnate – Sonnie Badu
- Prudential Bank leads conversation on Pan-African Payment and Settlement System
- Midweek performance wrap of Ghanaian players in Europe
- Exhibit customer-centric services in your daily operations – British Council to organisations
- Government consciously shielding main culprit in Bulgarian Embassy demolition – Ablakwa
- ‘I’m fed up’ – aspiring NDC chairman backs calls to oust incumbent Ofosu Ampofo, Asiedu Nketia
- One dead in Tetegu floods
- #BigBrotherNaija records over 19m tweets by fans￼