Former Liverpool defender, Jamie Carragher, has asked Eddie Nketiah to leave Arsenal in the summer to achieve his target of being a first-choice forward.
Nketiah has struggled for game time all season under Mikel Arteta this season, playing as a second fiddle in the early part of the 2021/22 season.
The English-born Ghanaian’s contract with the North Londoners expires at the end of the season and Arsenal are said to be in talks to extend his deal but Carragher believes a transfer away from the Emirates Stadium will be the best for Nketiah to become a top striker.
“Yes [Arsenal should try to keep him] but I don’t think he’ll ever end up first-choice striker, so I think it would be better for him to move on,” Carragher told Sky Sports.
The 22-year-old netted nine times for Arsenal this season, including four in 18 games in the Premier League. Nketiah scored twice against Chelsea as well as Leeds United and was also involved in games against Manchester United and West Ham United.
- NDC’s Joshua Akamba spotted with weapon at Arise Ghana demo
- Man picked up at Arise Ghana demo for possessing firearm
- Photos: Day 2 of Arise Ghana demonstration underway
- Swearing in of newly-elected GJA president blocked as journalist files injunction
- I criticised Mahama and slept soundly – Prof Aning
- UDS graduate ventures into mobile car washing business after years of job dissatisfaction
- Exclusive: Lighthouse pastor in Madagascar speaks out on Larry Odonkor’s car sale saga
- Arise Ghana Demo: Police took my phones – NDC Dep. National Youth Organiser
- Shatta Wale fined ¢2k after pleading guilty to publication of false news
- Shatta Wale pleads guilty to publication of false news
‘All is set for Appiatse community reconstruction to begin’ – Lands Minister
We’re not diverting Appiatse reconstruction fund to National Cathedral – Jinapor
SSNIT to roll out programmes to boost pension contribution
‘Samuel Boadu is one of the best in Africa’ – Goalkeeper Richmond Ayi
Tampico partner Chopbox Online to offer breakfast to over 3,000 SHS students
TUC heightens demand for Cost of Living Allowance
Danny Jordaan re-elected as South Africa FA boss
LPG consumption to fall 20% by December 2022 – LPG Marketers Association
Players need a good environment to adapt – Mas-Ud Didi Dramani on player transition
Police commend Arise Ghana protestors, public and officers
Reserves depletion: Ghana needs IMF support; Fund doesn’t impose restrictions – US Associate Prof.
Exclusive: Lighthouse pastor in Madagascar speaks out on Larry Odonkor’s car sale saga
Masterclass: young entrepreneurs urged to build resilience in business
Seed suppliers decry ₵205m debt owed them under ‘Planting for Food and Jobs’ programme
Volta Division 2 Middle League: Vora SC secures vital 3 points