Hotels in Sekondi-Takoradi and its environs have recorded increases in patronage due to the influx of Ivorian refugees into the region.
This was made known when the Ghana News Agency (GNA) visited a number of hotels and guest houses in the Metropolis.
At the AB-Gaba Guest House, five Ivorian number-plated vehicles were parked on the premises and a hotel attendant confirmed that clients at the facility were mainly Ivorian.
The situation at Asempa Hotel, Nhyira Hotel and Ivorian Guest House was no different with the presence of vehicles with Ivorian number plates.
Everyday, Ivorian vehicles are seen especially in the market circle, the Paa Grant and Nkrumah intersections in Takoradi.
Some market women interviewed by the GNA also confirmed an increase in the sale of food items, second hand clothing and toiletries.
The conflict in Cote d’Ivoire has again increased economic activities at the Takoradi harbour as most fishing vessels offload at the harbour instead of the Abidjan Port.
Mame Ekua Esuom, a fish monger, told the GNA that fish like tuna, cassava fish and mackerel amongst others could now be obtained from the harbour.
- One feared dead, several others injured after accident at Legon underpass
- Citi FM journalist, Caleb Kudah allegedly picked up by National Security operatives
- Leadership crisis at Ghana Rugby: Chairman Herbert Mensah suspended indefinitely, set to be removed from office on June 8
- Former British High Commissioner to Ghana, Craig Murray jailed for contempt in the UK
- Fire guts new Kejetia Market
- Ghana drops to 95th in 2021 World Happiness ranking
- NSMQ 2021: Tamasco and 3 others secure tickets to Accra on day one of Northern Regional qualifiers
- Dr Mavis Owureku Asare: Wesley Girls’ no fast policy is not about religion
- Chinua Achebe’s ‘Things Fall Apart’, ‘No Longer at Ease’ and ‘Arrow of God’ are being adapted for television
- Our scholars in Cuba are broke because they insist on table-top payment – GNPC Foundation
Chief breaks ground for multipurpose Nkawkaw Palace
Double whammy for Ghana in Old Mutual Amazing Voices
Mental disorder after childbirth is real – Victim recounts
Transgender Cameroonians jailed for 5 years
Dr Prince Hamid Armah: Exploring Akufo-Addo’s commitment to education; Policy, spending, and outcomes
Politicisation of security agencies cause of insecurity in the country- Sam George
Museveni takes oath for 6th term
Ghana has not done enough to get girls out of the streets – Development consultant
China’s population grows to 1.41 billion people
Uganda deploys troops ahead of Museveni inauguration
Banks cannot be blamed for not accepting new Voter ID cards – Association of Bankers
9-year-old boy dies after being ‘struck by lightning’ on football field
Citi FM journalist, Caleb Kudah released from National Security custody
Don’t shake your car when fueling – Transport Consultant
Today’s front pages: Wednesday, May 12, 2021