The NPP parliamentary candidate-elect for Bantama has expressed gratitude to party delegates after a landslide victory Saturday.
“I came to you as your son with an appeal to consider my candidature. You responded with an emphatic display of goodwill and brotherliness,” Francis Asenso-Boakye said in a statement.
Promising to deliver on the mandate, Asenso Boakye said “the confidence reposed in me will be reciprocated in deeds and actions.”
“The development agenda for Bantama remains my upmost priority. I look forward to a constructive engagement with all delegates and members of our party,” he added.
The Deputy Chief of Staff also extended an olive branch to his lone opponent in the race, incumbent MP Daniel Okyem Aboagye.
“He served Bantama to the best of his abilities and remain a part of the great Osono family. I trust he will bring his energies and resources to bear on the battle ahead,” he wrote.
Asenso Boakye won with a decisive 78.8 per cent of the total valid votes.
Mr. Okyem Aboagye, speaking to the media graciously conceded defeat to his challenger.
- Mobile Money transactions in only 2 months of 2023 hit ¢264.1bn
- Speculation that NDC imposed its decision on Minority Caucus is untrue – Sammy Gyamfi
- We would all have sworn to Antoa if my dad was alive – Zanetor Rawlings
- Kamala Harris urges Ghana’s creditors to help meet debt obligation amid IMF talks
- Popular American filmmaker Spike Lee is in Ghana
- Ghana records $752.8m trade surplus in first 2 months of 2023
- T-Bills auction: sales undersubscribed by 23%; interest rates remain stable
- We’re committed to helping Ghana resolve current economic crisis – China assures
- BoG increases policy rate to 29.5%; loans to remain expensive
- “It’s not always about goals” – Chris Hughton defends Inaki Williams
- AFCON 2023Q: Osman Bukari salvages point for Black Stars against Angola
- Substantial elements of Anti-LGBTQ bill have been modified – Akufo-Addo
- Free SHS: Holistic approach to teaching and learning needed to sustain quality
- US commits $100m to help combat terrorism in coastal West Africa
- Ghana’s IMF programme: Paris Club, China, other creditors agree to form OCC
- Meet Jon Boafo, Ghana’s first international rower: A story of perseverance and dedication
- Economic activity contracts but consumer confidence improves – BoG
- British Council builds network for UK-Ghanaian students to access employable opportunities
- NPA boss calls on National Chief Imam
- I don’t know – Akufo-Addo on presence or otherwise of Al-Qaeda troops in Ghana
- Black kids in England 6 times more likely to be strip-searched by police
- Debt servicing relief: China pledges to support Ghana
- U.S government to send resident advisor to help Ghana attain debt sustainability
- The Texas preacher’s $24m Ponzi scheme
- Take advantage of digital tools to win in the age of the entrepreneur – UMB CEO urges graduates