Joy Business has joined the Canada-Ghana Chamber of Commerce in a bid to strengthen trade ties between Ghana and Canada.
Executive Secretary of the Chamber, Edwina Atta Sonno, said she’s optimistic the partnership will further boost trade between the two countries, adding, some investors have shown interest in patronising Ghanaian businesses.
The Canada-Ghana Chamber of Commerce is an organization whose prime mission is to promote the interests of Canada-Ghana Chamber of Commerce members by providing advocacy, business information, networking opportunities and services that encourage bilateral trade between Canada and Ghana.
Ms. Atta Sonno said various training sessions are being organised for its members to properly position them on the market.
“We have several networking cocktails that we do. We actually visit our members to understand what their peculiar needs are and then craft tailor made solutions to meet their needs.”
Speaking during an interactive session with business owners and partners, Ms. Edwina mentioned that the partnership had been beneficial to Ghanaian businesses.
She expressed optimism about the partnership, highlighting some successes that have been chalked so far.
“One of the things that we are doing is to get the understanding of the peculiarities of the companies and getting the right people to help them. One of the companies is doing something huge which translates into millions of dollars, so their key need right now is an investor.”
“Through our relationship with the Ghana-Canada Chamber of Commerce based in Toronto, we’ve been able to link them to an investor in Canada and he is currently doing the paperwork. If everything goes well, within a couple of months, he is going to get an investor to pick up the solutions that he has made to move the company forward.”
- Police arrest man driving dangerously in viral video
- Reckless driver in viral video to appear in court today
- Colombia’s most wanted drug lord Otoniel captured
- Iranian governor slapped in the face during public speech
- NCA backtracks on Radio Gold, others not having their original frequencies
- I love security issues – Henry Quartey on why he didn’t want to be Greater Accra Regional Minister
- CAF Champions League: Hearts of Oak drop to Confederations Cup after being thrashed by Wydad
- CAF Champions League: Hearts of Oak poised to make history ahead of second leg against Wydad
- Agric Minister stopped my bid to introduce fertiliser manufacturing plant – Entrepreneur
- I resigned from Shatta Movement when Shatta Wale started misbehaving – Ken Addy
Herbalife Nutrition honoured for outstanding HR Management Practices at 2021 HR Focus Awards
Parliament resumes sitting on Oct. 26
EU wants Sudan’s transition ‘back on track’
Twelve injured in Khartoum clashes – reports
Master act of controlling the pressure -Former NSMQ winner advises contestants as finals begin on Oct. 26
GPL: Five substitutes allowed for 2021/22 season
UN calls for release of Sudan civilian leaders
It’s an exciting time to be an entrepreneur if you’re disciplined, committed – UMB MD
Signs of Sudan’s coup build-up have been clear
Top 10 non-traditional exports up 15% to $273m in quarter 2 2021
John Boadu: NPP tribute in memory of Hajia Mariama Bawumia
Auditor-General uncovers ¢44m worth of abandoned projects, completed projects not put to use across
Coup reports ‘major blow’ to Sudan transition – Human Rights Watch
CBOD calls on government to fix deplorable road network in petroleum management and storage area in Tema
World Bank outlines comprehensive debt solutions for countries with high debt