The Ghana Airport Company Limited (GACL) says KLM Royal Dutch Airline will reschedule its aborted flight to Amsterdam as soon as possible.
This is contained in a press statement issued by the GACL Saturday, September, 4.
The statement is in respect of an incident involving an Amsterdam-bound KLM Royal Dutch Airline flight which had to abort takeoff via runway 21 at the Kotoka International Airport, due to a bird strike close to the windshield of the aircraft.
According to the GACL, it has a robust wildlife management system in place to take care of such incidents.
It stated that currently, investigations into the cause of the incident have begun.
Meanwhile, all passengers who were aboard that flight have been lodged at various hotels close to the airport awaiting rescheduling of the flight.
The company also took the opportunity to assure air travelers and the general public of its commitment to upholding the highest safety standards at the airport.
- Scores of residents displaced, others trapped as Weija, Oblogo and Tetegu flood
- Mankessim murder: We didn’t commit crime with mason; he only dug hole for burying a victim – Chief
- NSMQ 2022 launched; fixtures for preliminary stage released
- Exclusive photos: Hundreds rendered homeless at Ashalaja
- Watch Daddy Lumba break down his hit song ‘Yene Wo Sere Kwa’
- ‘I have unfinished business with Black Stars’ – Milovan Rajevac
- The viral lynching that was to end Nigeria’s mob justice
- Pay compensation to affected customers – PURC orders ECG
- Joy News’ Joojo Cobbinah, NGO sue government over River Offin menstruation taboo
- Cop fires gun and assaults civilians at Kaneshie Bishop
- IMF negotiations: Government must work with greater alacrity – Mahama
- E-levy: GRA blames charging entities for wrongful deductions
- Today’s front pages: Wednesday, October 5, 2022
- Afenyo-Markin donates tools and equipment to Winneba NVTI students
- World Bank classifies Ghana as high debt distressed country; debt to GDP to hit 104%
- While others mocked me, Seidu Agongo offered to help – Kofi Amoabeng
- Ghana Hotels Association to break away from Ghana Tourism Federation￼
- President’s son loses army post after Twitter spree
- Nigeria ad regulator sues WhatsApp owner for $70m
- Niche Cocoa expands operations into USA
- Ghana’s cocoa not banned – EU Ambassador
- Somalia drought: So weak from hunger she couldn’t bury her child
- Journalists urged to build regional cooperation in the fight against human trafficking
- Galamsey fight: Akufo-Addo won’t declare a state of emergency – Dr. Norman
- No firm without license will operate cybersecurity service from 2023 – Bawumia