Founder of Royal Ladies Ministries, Rev Rita Korankye-Ankrah has advised parents to know the temperament of their children early to know how to raise them.
Discussing the ‘impact of Covid-19 on relationship’ on The Pulse show, she noted that children from the same parents have different temperaments, therefore, it is important for parents to know if their child is an introvert or an extrovert.
She indicated these characteristics of the children serves as a guide for a parent to raise a child to adulthood.
“You can have 10 children, and they will all be different. So I always teach parents to learn the temperament of your child.
“We have the choleric, the sanguine, melancholy and the phlegmatic. [the outgoing and reserved ones]. And you need to know them early, so that you can handle them as such,” she stated.
Explaining further, the Founder of Royal Ladies Ministries said the temperaments have both positives and negatives.
But, she was optimistic that should parent provide the necessary guidance to correct the shortcomings of the child’s temperaments, all will be well.
Citing her children as an example, she said, “My first child is an introvert, so she doesn’t talk much and because of that even if something is happening in the house or she is being bullied at school she won’t tell you, and that is the negative side of it. On the other hand, she’s calm and she brought home the awards.”
“For my third child, she is the talker, and bringing me trouble, but they will tell you everything that is happening in their lives.”
“So knowing their temperament will let you know how to deal with them.”
- World Bank classifies Ghana as high debt distressed country; debt to GDP to hit 104%
- In pictures: Hundreds rendered homeless at Ashalaja
- While others mocked me, Seidu Agongo offered to help – Kofi Amoabeng
- ‘Suck a breast within October’ – Health expert advises men
- Police on manhunt for man flogging toddler in viral video
- ‘I have unfinished business with Black Stars’ – Milovan Rajevac
- Child Rights International places ¢10k bounty on head of man flogging toddler in viral video
- Pay compensation to affected customers – PURC orders ECG
- President’s son loses army post after Twitter spree
- Joy News’ Joojo Cobbinah, NGO sue government over River Offin menstruation taboo
- 2014 World Cup was problematic – Kwesi Nyantakyi
- Driving Schools Association to collaborate with MTTD to clamp down on unregistered drivers
- GOIL donates hospital beds to Asuom Health Centre in Eastern region
- Government not against mining but can’t accept ones that destroy our country – Akufo-Addo
- My government is yet to win galamsey fight – Akufo-Addo
- Global Citizen Festival was successful because of risks taken by organisers – Social Director
- Auctioning of vehicles at Tema Port to go online by end of October, 2022- GRA
- Schools and hospitals in Tetegu shutdown due to flooding situation
- #NoToGalamsey: We have not got the result I was looking for – Akufo-Addo on galamsey fight
- ‘Kotoko and Hearts of Oak collapsed fund meant to support Ghanaian clubs in Africa’- Nyantakyi
- Understanding fundamentals of financial wellbeing as a catalyst for personal growth
- Imbibe discipline in your field of work – International Advertising Association
- BET Hip Hop Awards 2022: The complete list of winners
- ‘Galamsey’ poses an existential threat to our future – Akufo-Addo
- Angelina Jolie accuses Brad Pitt of abuse on private plane