Management of the Kwame Nkrumah University of Science and Technology (KNUST) has directed the suspension of all public gatherings on campus.
It includes the ongoing University Hall Week celebration and the upcoming Students Representative Council (SRC) Week.
This follows Thursday’s clashes between residents of the Unity Hall and the Unversity Hall.
The announcement comes amid heavy police presence on campus after the disturbance which left 12 people injured and three vehicles damaged.
The latest development was a conclusion reached by the University’s Executive Committee as part of a measure to aid investigations into the violence.
In a press statement detailing the outcome of the emergency meeting, KNUST Registrar Andrews Kwasi Boateng explained that any event that will require the massing up of students is banned until further notice.
Additionally, security checks of persons and vehicles entering and exiting the campus may be carried out at random.
KNUST’s transport department has also been directed to assess all vehicles damaged by the violence and “make appropriate recommendations for repairs.”
Meanwhile, the police say it is in the process of securing CCTV footage of the clashes and will peruse it accordingly to bring the perpetrators to book.
- Review e-levy rate to 0.5% with ¢300 daily threshold – Minority tells government
- Government’s ban on use of V8s in Accra, a mere sloganeering – Dr Theo Acheampong
- MPs converge at Volta Serene Hotel for post-budget workshop
- One arrested, others on the run after allegedly murdering police officer
- After 5 years of repackaging, Skuuls Reunion returns today at El Wak Stadium
- Photos and videos: HITZ FM Skuuls Reunion underway at El Wak Sports Stadium
- Indonesian woman’s body found inside python, say reports
- Government must be commended for reducing e-levy rate – John Kumah
- Sights and sounds: ‘Jama’ session, exciting skaters kick-start Hitz Old Skuuls Reunion
- Ghana is not serious about social progression and inclusivity – Prof. Bokpin
- Kuami Eugene, Eno Barony and Keche climax HITZ Skuuls Reunion’s return
- British Council urges student’s under IAU Programme to become good entrepreneurs
- LUV FM’s morning show team distributes about 1,000 pieces of sanitary pads to needy girls
- Photos and videos: Artistes thrill patrons at HITZ Skuuls Reunion
- Mbappe scores twice as France reach knockout stage
- Messi scores in vital Argentina win over Mexico
- Tullow Ghana reaffirms commitment to grow indigenous capacities
- Ghana’s 2023 Budget: A Missed Opportunity
- I hope Afriyie Barnieh will be used in one of the games at the World Cup – Hearts of Oak General Manager
- VP Bawumia launches $450m Gulf of Guinea Social Cohesion Project
- Gov’t promises more support to Ghana Police
- BoG pegs cedi depreciation to dollar at 54%
- Ghana’s reserves fall to 2.9 months of import cover in October 2022; trade surplus hits $1.87bn
- Average lending rate hits 31.40% in October 2022 – BoG
- Lynx Entertainment unveils kids sensation Afrapa