Kosmos Energy Ghana has extended its benevolence to the James Camp Prisons in Accra.
The company donated food items such as rice, oil, cassava dough, powdered pepper, tomatoes among others to the prison in partnership with the Light Outreach foundation.
Presenting the items to the James Camp Prisons, the Senior Vice President of the Ghana Business Unit of Kosmos Energy, Joe Mensah explained that “the company is not only here to deliver food items in the short term”.
Mr. Mensah added that another purpose of their visit was to help the inmates acquire skills while in prison and this will be done by introducing snail farming by their agricultural department.
This training, he said, “will enable the inmates to become self-sufficient and sustainable people in the future when they go out to the world.”
He also urged them not to return back to the prison due to lack of training.
Mr Mensah expressed appreciation for the partnerships formed which he believes will make a difference in the country.
The Greater Accra Commander and the Commandant of the Prisons officers training school, DDP Samuel Agyei Attah said, “One of their core mandates is rehabilitation and reformation of inmates.”
DDP Attah pleaded with NGO’s and public organisations to come to their aid to make training at the prisons easy.
He is hopeful that this training will help them go a long way to enable the prison officers to achieve the objectives and vision of the services.
DDP Attah entreated the civil society and government entities to come on board to partner with the services to empower the inmates.
- Emotional Stephen Appiah tears up talking about son Rodney
- Sam George: Lack of bed and ambulance led to death of a 12-year-old
- Chinese busted for mining at River Pra by military task force
- Abdul Malik Kweku Baako: The delayed disclosure of physical torture on Caleb Kudah
- Freedom of the press does not translate into safety of journalists – Prof. Gadzekpo tells media owners
- Playback: Newsfile discusses alleged assault on Citi FM journalists, Otumfuo joins ‘galamsey’ fight
- Israel strike in Gaza destroys building with AP, other media
- US to deepen bilateral relationship with Ghana as United Airlines recommences flights to KIA
- GPL: Four games to lookout for on matchday 25
- We have $200m for you to borrow – ECOWAS Bank to governments, businesses
10-year-old boy allegedly commits suicide at Dambai
UK troops seize IS weapons in Mali operation
Man loses lower lip during fight with friend over ¢18
Bantama SDA Primary Headmaster shot dead by suspected armed robbers
Israeli PM vows to push on ‘forcefully’ with offensive as airstrikes hit home of Hamas chief
Agbodza cuts sod for ¢1m 8-unit classroom block for Adaklu Senior High School
Livestream: ICGC Sunday service with Mensa Otabil
No alternative to vaccine passports, says Dubai airport boss
Stephen Appiah tells full story of how his son, Rodney joined Olympics
Hong Kong’s Ray Cordeiro, ‘world’s most durable DJ’, retires at 96
I hate to see talent waste away – Kofi Kinaata opens up on investing in football
Andy Murray chooses to miss French Open
Spotify founder Daniel Ek says Arsenal bid has been rejected
Italian Open: Rafael Nadal to play Novak Djokovic in Rome final
GPL: WAFA deepen Legon Cities’ relegation woes