Head coach of Asante Kotoko, Steven Polack says he is going to be setting out his team to wrestle nothing but a victory from Accra Hearts of Oak when they meet on Sunday for this season’s MTN FA Cup final in Tamale.
The Porcupine Warriors set up a date with their territorial arch-rivals after seeing off a challenge by Medeama SC in the semifinals of the competition earlier this month.
After failing to land the league title, the Englishman wants to give his all to clinch the Cup competition at the expense of Hearts of Oak.
''I don't think I'm going to be a failure on Sunday. With the attitude of the players and at training, we'll go for a win,'' Pollack said a press conference on Wednesday in Kumasi.
''As a coach, I'm happy to put them in a position to score but at the end of the day, you either know how to score or don't know how to.
''It hasn't been one of the best seasons but we're going to finish on a high and that means going all out to win [the FA Cup].
''Whether or not we're underdogs makes no difference to me. I'm here to innovate and motivate the players.
''The condition of the players is very good – physically and mentally. But we still have 3 or 4 more training before the final.''
Kotoko are chasing their ninth FA Cup trophy with their last in 2014 when they beat Inter Allies 2-1 at the Accra Sports Stadium.
- Bank of Ghana upgrades one cedi coin
- Road toll to be collected electronically – Roads Minister
- Photos: Volta Regional NPP Secretary ties knot with Deputy Women’s Organiser
- Parliament approves 2023 Budget and Economic Policy
- You are on your own – John Kumah tells bondholders who reject debt exchange programme
- GMA rejects debt exchange programme
- Moody’s downgrades GCB Bank due to debt restructuring
- Black Sherif is the voice of African youth – Akon
- World Cup: Rating every member of Ghana’s squad
- Akufo-Addo commissions Afienya Road Over Bridge on Tema-Mpakadan Railway line
- Dashboard: Mobile money transactions in Ghana
- Financial Stability Council pledges to closely monitor impacts of Debt Exchange Programme; ¢15bn fund to be set up
- Mahama appeals for ¢10 to support NDC congress
- 796 flee Burkina Faso to Sissala West communities for fear of attack
- We only approved policy principle of 2023 Budget; not the taxes – Minority
- 81 aspirants vie for 14 national executive positions in NDC
- NPA to seek cabinet support to remove taxes on LPG
- Claims that female babies develop speech faster than males is a myth – Language Therapist
- Consensus key to sustainability of the debt exchange programme – ISSER to government
- I’ve been given over ¢100k ‘haircut’ on my investment – Franklin Cudjoe
- Mozambique ex-president’s son, others jailed for 12 years for corruption
- GWCL to cut water supply to parts of Accra
- Philip Afeti Korto: Grey hair, a sign of wisdom or ageing?
- Busy Signal to perform at Stonebwoy’s Bhim Concert in Ghana
- Government plan to cut interest costs gets pushback from local funds