Former Black Stars head coach, James Kwasi Appiah, has applied to become the head of the technical team for a third time.
The Ghana Football Association (GFA) is still on a search for a new head coach following the resignation of Otto Addo after Ghana’s 2022 FIFA World Cup campaign.
Appiah is said to have applied for the vacant role as the head coach which could see him return to the dugout for the third time.
The 62-year-old earlier on Joy Sports’ Prime Take revealed he wouldn’t shy away from applying for the role if it was made open by the Ghana FA.
And Joy Sports understands the former player has now put in his CV to become the next coach of the national team.
Appiah’s first stint with the Black Stars was between 2012 and 2014 before also coming back in 2019 where he led the nation to the 2019 Africa Cup of Nations.
Earlier this week, the Sports Minister, Mustapha Ussif, hinted the Ghana FA are close to appointing a new head coach with the 2023 AFCON qualifiers close to resumption.
Chris Hughton is also reported to be in the running for the job as well.
- I have received calls to stop disconnection exercise – ECG boss
- George Addo Jnr appointed Director of Communications at UK’s Coach Hene Sports Club
- Bride ‘faints’ briefly as Joe Mettle pops up at her wedding reception
- My divorce drew me closer to God – New EC member Rev. Akua Ofori Boateng
- Ghana Immigration Service cancels filling of embarkation and disembarkation forms
- Russia ‘will bomb any country that arrests Putin’ – Former Russian president
- Beige Bank case: Nyinaku accused of issuing misleading investment certificates to unsuspecting customers
- I was praised for singing Teni’s song in church – New EC member
- Crackdown on fraudulent payrolls as Fair Wages and Salaries Commission hints at audit
- ‘Hatred or truth’ – Woman’s message to son’s girlfriend shocks social media users
- Fish farmers call for government support to address sector challenges
- Avoid appointments that give impression of jobs for boys and girls – Joyce Bawa Morgtari tells Akufo-Addo
- Man jailed 180 days for fondling minor’s breast
- Lynx signee, Kasar, releases first single ‘Oyibo’
- Cedi improves in value against dollar; $1 now ¢12.40
- NDC flagbearership race: Kwabena Duffour submits nomination forms
- Kelvynboy reveals how he benefitted from Tekno, Stefflon Don feature on ‘Down Flat’ remix
- Social media reacts to Afena-Gyan’s rejection of Black Meteors call-up
- AFCON 2023Q Preview: Black Stars host Angola in Chris Hughton’s first game
- Funny Face opens up on relationship with Emmanuel Adebayor
- The Weeknd named world’s Most Popular Artist by Guinness World Records
- Don’t approve 5% tax on beverages, widen tax net – Food and Beverage Association tells government
- AG Dame dialogues with UK Deputy PM over criminal justice reform
- Immigration fuels Canada’s largest population growth of over 1 million
- Walking barefoot improves menstrual flow, eyesight, sleep, hypertension, pain, and inflammation