Some suspected land guards have allegedly set ablaze a newly built police station in Tenbibian near Obom in the Ga South Municipality.
Residents of the area who have been thrown into a state of shock said the edifice was set to be commissioned this week.
According to eyewitnesses, the suspects reportedly vandalised the glass doors before setting all furniture in the commander’s office on fire.
The Adom News Correspondent, Kofi Agyei, reports that due to the notorious activities being perpetrated by some land guards in the area, Tenbibian, Obom, and Ashalaja have all been declared “no go areas” by the residents.
However, Chief of Tenbibian, Nii Quashie Amponsah has called on the Police to investigate the matter and arrest the culprits.
“It is an unfortunate incident which has not rested well with me nor any of my council members or the people of this community. I am pleading that they [Police] investigate this incident.
“We are not happy with it. We are not behind it. We don’t like what happened and we are not in support of it. So the Police and all its bodies should take this matter up and make sure the culprits are brought to book,” he insisted.
- Akufo-Addo reshuffles ministers
- Turkey earthquakes: Ghana star Christian Atsu found after 26 hours under rubble
- He said just the ‘tip’, but now I’m pregnant; the story of a university fresher
- Businessman Ibrahim Mahama to fund treatment, education of former NSMQ ‘Shark’
- GES, Education Ministry to release academic calendar for SHS
- Turkey earthquake: “Huge and miraculous” – Christian Atsu’s local manager reacts to his rescue
- Turkey earthquake: Ghanaian students recount horror
- Demand for dollars ease; BoG sold only $9.2m on spot market
- Haruna Iddrisu did not sell out NDC to us – Kyei-Mensah-Bonsu
- Stonebwoy shares pictures of red carpet moments at 2023 Grammys
- Akufo-Addo donates cash, food items towards funeral of late Yagbonwura
- 60% of doctors are in Accra and Kumasi – Health Ministry
- 9 arrested in Atewa Forest for illegal mining
- Pencils of Promise commissions 197th classroom block
- Newmont Ahafo North Mining Project: Chiefs, youth groups appeal to government to apply state laws, warns WACAM
- Reshuffle is to reinvigorate government – Majority Leader
- Majority Leader stops taking fuel allocation in response to Ghana’s economic woes
- Digital Cooperation Organisation makes case for collaboration at LEAP in Saudi Arabia
- Asante Akim Marathon winner to compete in world cross country competition
- DDEP: Government commends bondholders who have tendered their bonds
- DDEP: Government grants 3-day administrative window for bondholders to complete processes
- Merqury Quaye to headline first DJ concert in Ghana on March 5
- Playback: One-on-one with Osei Kyei-Mensah-Bonsu
- ‘The Lord is your shepherd, you shall not want’ – Bagbin prays for Haruna Iddrisu and co
- Epixode hopes to be as big as Grammy winner Kabaka Pyramid ‘one day’