The final funeral rites of the late General Manager of The Multimedia Group’s Joy Brands, Elvis Koku Kwashie, will take place today at the forecourt of the State House in Accra.
He passed away at the University of Ghana Medical Centre (UGMC) on December 28, 2021 after a short illness.
The event is scheduled to begin at 9:00 am.
Those in attendance include Former President John Dramani Mahama, Information Minister, Kojo Oppong Nkrumah, and Former Communications Minister Dr. Edward Omane Boamah among many others.
His remains will be interred at Asadame in the Volta Region.
He leaves behind a wife and three children.
About Elvis Kwashie
Elvis Kwashie was a seasoned professional with more than two decades of experience in media and communications, spanning print, online, radio and television.
Before rejoining the Group in 2010 as News Editor, Elvis worked with Metropolitan Life Insurance Ghana as the Head of Corporate Marketing & Communications.
Before that, he worked mainly as a journalist with the Multimedia Group Limited, Network Herald and Groove FM.
He had rich experience in recruiting, grooming, coaching and supervising reporters and correspondents across the country. Under his strong leadership, JoyNews has won more than 100 awards in the last 10 years, including two CNN African Journalist of the Year awards.
Having secured his journalism training at the Ghana Institute of Journalism, Mr Kwashie also pursued further studies, acquiring a certificate in Multimedia & Online Journalism from the International Institute of Journalism, Berlin-Germany.
While at MGL, Elvis Kwashie undertook courses in leadership at Harvard University in the United States.
- Nigerian gospel singer Sammie Okposo slumps and dies at 51
- Paa Kwesi Schandorf: Ghana’s loss to Portugal; a mixture of Otto Addo’s sins and a referee’s unrighteousness
- Anas’ Tiger Eye responds to allegations of extortion and blackmail
- I fear for Ghana; 2023 budget was a disappointment – Bopkin
- Ad-hoc Committee lays report of censure motion against Ofori-Atta before Parliament
- Andre Ayew is the man for the big occasions – Asamoah Gyan
- TUC opposes employment freeze in Public Sector
- Government failed to show leadership in 2023 Budget – Prof Bokpin
- Freeze on V8s in Accra; who monitors directive? – Prof Bokpin
- We have not betrayed Minority MPs on censure motion – 2nd Deputy Majority Whip
- Photos and videos: HITZ FM Skuuls Reunion underway at El Wak Sports Stadium
- Review e-levy rate to 0.5% with ¢300 daily threshold – Minority tells government
- Government must be commended for reducing e-levy rate – John Kumah
- Ghana is not serious about social progression and inclusivity – Prof. Bokpin
- Government’s ban on use of V8s in Accra, a mere sloganeering – Dr Theo Acheampong
- Privatising Saglemi housing project is best option – John Kumah
- MPs converge at Volta Serene Hotel for post-budget workshop
- Privatising Saglemi defeats the idea of affordable housing; decision bad – Civil Engineer
- Black Stars Playbook: How Otto Addo tactically outclassed Portugal in near upset
- Livestream: Newsfile discusses Saglemi Housing Project and 2023 Budget
- After 5 years of repackaging, Skuuls Reunion returns today at El Wak Stadium
- South Africa police investigate killing of Zulu king’s ally
- Naked volunteers pose for Tunick artwork on Bondi Beach
- Indonesian woman’s body found inside python, say reports
- England: ‘Three Lions still on track at World Cup despite turning clock back to dismal summer’