A daughter of the Special Prosecutor has asked the MP for Bawku Central, Mahama Ayariga to leave her out of his legal issues with her father, Martin Amidu.
Mr. Ayariga on trial, charged by the Special Prosecutor for alleged procurement breaches.
He and six others are facing seven counts of conspiracy, abetment, contravention of the procedure for request for quotation, using public office for profit and transfer of foreign exchange from Ghana through an unauthorised dealer.
In an interview with Evans Mensah on PM Express on JoyNews on Tuesday evening, Mr. said despite his ongoing legal tussle with the Special Prosecutor, he does not have any issues with him or his family.
He went on to recount what he described as a recent trip he embarked on with Mr Amidu’s daughter, and how she sympathised with him concerning the ongoing court case.
But Hagar Amidu says Mahama Ayariga’s claim that he drove with her in his car to Bawku as they discussed the issue was untrue.
“I overheard him saying he is free with me and that he had a conversation with me on the matter. I’ve never ever sat in his car.”
“I’m not part of it…It’s none of my business…I’m not a Special Prosecutor. He should deal with the Special Prosecutor. I don’t even know whatever is happening so I don’t know why he should come out and talk about me and mention my name,” Hagar Amidu told Emefa Appau on JoyNews.
Hagar Amidu also denied having any engagements with Mr. Ayariga on “matters of his office”.
“I used to have a good relationship with him. I’m not fighting with him. This is between him and my father and that is their work. I’m not part. I’m not a politician. I want him to leave me alone,” she said.
- Otumfuo destools chief of Asante’s famous Antoa town
- 16 feared dead, over 40 injured in Gomoa Okyereko accident on Accra-Cape Coast highway
- Supreme Court ‘cautions and discharges’ NDC’s Kpessa Whyte after convicting him for contempt
- Ghana branded ambulance found in Dubai in viral video not for sale – National Ambulance Service
- Renowned Economist Dr. Joe Abbey is dead
- Pressure mounts on cedi; loses 9% in value to dollar last week
- Tinubu removes controversial Fuel subsidy in Nigeria
- Parliament writes to EC, declares Assin North seat vacant
- We’re sorry for obnoxious statements about Christianity in history textbook – Ghana Authors & Publishers
- AFCON 2023Q: Nuamah included, Sowah dropped as Hughton names Ghana squad to face Madagascar
- JoyNews premieres ‘Ghana Potholes Exhibition’
- Keta Port will be your legacy if constructed – KIPC CEO to Akufo-Addo
- Resign and concentrate on your health; Ahanta West needs development – NDC tells Kojo Kum
- Tariq Lamptey Foundation donates football kits and equipment to two schools in Asamankese
- OccupyGhana shocked at government’s new position on Public Officers Act after ignoring its calls
- Beyoncé celebrates Blue Ivy after she takes stage at Renaissance world tour
- National Cathedral: Only $22.07m out of $58.14m has gone into actual construction – Ablakwa
- Agorkedzi: Another tidal waves destruction leaves one dead, many homeless
- Immediately transfer shares held by JOHL to GNPC – Minority to government
- 2023 U23 AFCON: Kamaldeen Sulemana to be called up to Black Meteors squad for tournament
- Family of late Akwaboah Snr. holds one-week memorial
- POGA 1997 year group celebrates 25th anniversary
- Ghana International School poised to make an impact in Ghana and beyond – Principal discloses
- UNDP, Japan construct reference labs at Kotoka and other ports of entry
- Burning Issues: Pharmacist highlights effect of teenagers’ misuse of contraceptives