Leadership of the New Patriotic Party in the Savannah Region has appealed to party members to accept Metropolitan, Municipal, and District Chief Executives (MMDCEs) nominated by President Akufo-Addo.
A statement signed by Regional Secretary, Haruna Iddrisu asked the public particularly the youth not to do anything to disturb the peace the area is enjoying in the wake of the release of the MMDCEs.
“The Region is blessed with good human capital to occupy the positions of the MMDCEs in the various MMDAs but these positions are limited.
“To those who will not find their names on the President’s list of nominees, let’s remain calm, control our supporters and support the lucky ones,” the statement read
He further urged supporters of those who have to been selected to celebrate in moderation.
“We further urge that peace and unity should prevail all over the Savannah Region for a smooth confirmation of the nominees.”
Read the full statement here:
19th September 2021
For immediate release!
LET’S ACCEPT MMDCE NOMINEES
The Regional Council of Elders of the NPP and the regional Executive, led by the Regional Chairman, Alhaji Iddrisu Sulemana aka Professor Kalamonia of our great party is appealing to all party members as well as the general public in the Savannah Region not to do anything to disturb the peace the area is enjoying in the wake of the release of the MMDCEs today.
The Region is blessed with good human capital to occupy the positions of the MMDCEs in the various MMDAs but these positions are limited. To those who will not find their names on the President’s list of nominees, let’s remain calm, control our supporters and support the lucky ones.
We equally urge those who will be nominated, to celebrate in moderation and caution their supporters to as well be moderate in their excitement.
We further urge that peace and unity should prevail all over the Savannah Region for a smooth confirmation of the nominees.
Congratulations to all nominees!
NPP Regional Secretary.
- Reckless driver in viral video fails to appear in court after falling sick
- ‘I only met Godfred Dame to discuss Law School issues’ – Justice Dotse fights off Opuni bias claims
- I doubt impartiality of Justice Dotse; he should recuse himself – Opuni
- Court grants ‘Jesus Ahuofe’ ¢100k bail over Shatta Wale hoax shooting
- Sudan general declares state of emergency amid coup
- 37th ICAG Graduation Ceremony: female UEW graduate adjudged overall best candidate
- Auditor-General uncovers ¢44m worth of abandoned projects, completed projects not put to use across
- Oyibi, Apollonia, Awoshie and other areas to experience power interruption
- Madina MP leads constituents to demonstrate over deplorable roads
- Thousands throng El-Wak stadium for Ghana Immigration Service screening
Women urged to have their breasts examined
Covid-19: Ghana’s death toll rises to 1,172
Re-nominated DCE of Adaklu fails second attempt
Treason: We don’t want to fail, it must happen – Dr Mac Palm
Message from the Morning Man: Pay for Pain
Stop begging for arrested criminals – Police to Politicians
SYND-Ghana hosts Pre-COP26 Youth Summit on climate change
There was about 1million vote difference between presidential and parliamentary results – Otokunor alleges
I blame EC for the 8 deaths recorded in 2020 elections – Otokunor
Delay in sanctioning culprits for deaths recorded in 2020 election worrying – Dr Pumpuni Asante
Ballot stuffing claims by NDC ‘bogus’ – Peter Mac Manu
EC reducing cost of elections per voter to $7.70 incorrect – Peter Otokunor
Streaming platforms do not properly represent massive support we give to our local musicians – Kwame Berko
2021 AFCON: Teams can have up to 28 players in squad
Confederation Cup is an opportunity for us to redeem themselves – Opare Addo