Police in the Eastern region are investigating a cutlass attack on an agent of the National Democratic Congress (NDC) during the Limited Voter Registration exercise at Abetifi on Friday.
John Teh who is the Party’s branch Youth Organiser got injuries on several parts of his body including his head and back.
“I was just there when one pick-up came and a certain woman just pointed at me and seven macho men came out of the car and started beating me," Teh narrated.
“They used cutlass, wood and other things. They used the cutlass to cut my head and my back,” he narrated to Joy News during an interview with Joseph Opoku Gakpo.
John Teh said but for the quick response of the police, the perpetrators would have gotten away.
Police in the area say they are investigating the incident, which they are treating as a criminal case without recourse to the political affiliation of the victim or suspects.
Meanwhile, the Electoral Commission (EC) has assured persons who had wrong dates printed on their new voter ID cards that the issue will be rectified in the data base.
Two registration centres Boko R/C primary, Atwima Kwanwoma, and Methodist Park Asuoyeboah all in Kumasi had their machines printing the wrong dates.
The errors affected 31 people in total.
- Organised Labour rejects 18% salary increment
- Qatar 2022: “Kudus is currently the World Cup best player” – Prince Boateng
- Minority welcomes government’s decision to reintroduce road toll in 2023
- Government to reintroduce road toll in 2023
- Ofori-Atta has more integrity than 99% of politicians I know in Ghana – Prof. Stephen Adei
- ‘Insulting’ Ashanti Regional NSS Boss to appear before Committee of Inquiry
- Ato Forson calls out ministers and MPs for abandoning 2023 budget to watch football in Qatar
- 2023 Budget: TUC rejects government’s salary projection of ₵44.9m
- IMF confirms Ghana’s intention to conduct debt restructuring in 2023
- Ashanti Regional NSS Director suspended for verbally abusing a nurse
- Darkovibes releases new single ‘Yao’
- Qatar 2022: Ghanaians want Black Stars to exact revenge on Uruguay
- WAEC releases provisional results for 2022 WASSCE; 8,486 candidates in trouble
- It’s not my fault Asamoah Gyan missed the penalty in 2010 – Luis Suarez
- Ashanti Regional Health Directorate engages stakeholders on Marburg virus prevention
- Conjugate vaccine in lessening typhoid burden in Ghana
- We still need to work hard to achieve our target – Otto Addo
- Ghana’s topmost CEOs to attend prestigious CEOs business networking cocktail
- We are working to support SMEs to leverage AfCFTA-Gender Minister
- Adidas’ in-ball sensor confirms Ronaldo didn’t score World Cup “hair goal”
- Black Adam: Dwayne Johnson offers update on Henry Cavill’s return as Superman
- Nima celebrates Mohammed Kudus with a mural
- Nigeria to push promotion of local languages at school
- How to check 2022 WASSCE provisional results – Guidelines
- Ghana suffers 7 downgrades from 3 credit ratings agencies in less than 11 months