Former President Mahama has confirmed Joy News reports that a number of reforms being carried out by the NDC are part of initiatives to implement recommendations made by the Prof Kwesi Botchwey Committee.
The former President has indicated the recommendations are already being instituted.
He was speaking at the third unity walk of the party in Cape Coast after similar campaigns in Tamale in the Northern Region and the capital, Accra.
The Committee was tasked to establish reasons the National Democratic Congress (NDC) lost the 2016 elections by going around the country to interview rank and file of the party.
Joy News brought you details of intercepted report that recommended among other things the scrapping of the current biometric voter’s register of the party and the need to hold unity walks and healing campaigns among others.
According to the former President, the party will kick start the implementation of the recommendations with branch registration of members this month.
He entreated every member to go to their respective branches to register and not go to the regional headquarters.
After Joy FM started serialising the leaked 65-paged executive summary of the Prof Kwesi Botchwey Committee report, top functionaries of the party denied the reports.
The Member of Parliament for Tamale Central, Inusah Fuseini had said on Joy FM/MultiTv's Newsfile programme that he has no doubt that the governing New Patriotic Party (NPP) was behind the document circulating in the media as the Kwesi Botchwey Committee report.
Describing the contents of the executive summary of the report as fake, he said it was impossible for the Prof. Kwesi Botchwey Committee to produce the things are being cited as having been written in the report.
But Editor-in-chief of the New Crusading Guide newspaper, Abdul Malik Kweku Baako, dismissed claims by top members of the NDC who said the leaked portions of the Prof Kwesi Botchwey Committee report serialised by Joy FM was fake.
Mr Baako who claims to have pictorial copies of the report, which was sent to him by a member of the NDC, said he compared those portions to what is being circulated in the media and it is exact.
Therefore, the NDC cannot say that the leaked report – an executive summary of the entire report – is fake.
Mahama jabs Akufo-Addo government
Former President Mahama also took a dig at the Akufo-Addo government, saying the NPP rode on lies and propaganda to capture political power.
Using the recent gaffe of embattled Commissioner to South Africa, George Ayisi Boateng, who said he will priotise needs of New Patriotic Party (NPP) members at his duty post.
Mr Mahama said he remembers vividly how President Akufo-Addo promised to be father for all after assuming office but has lied when it comes to treating all Ghanaians equally.
According to him, the new digital addressing system, GhanaPost GPS, is a huge scandal that needs President Akufo-Addo to set up a committee to investigate the absymal job done in that record.
- Man arrested for threatening to release nude videos of late brother’s wife
- ‘I’m extremely regretful’ – KiDi apologises for ‘inappropriate and unkind’ old tweets
- Mankessim murder: Accused persons allegedly confess to killing 2 more people
- Every single day Akufo-Addo remains President, the country drifts into peril – Dr Amoako Baah
- My husband left me for a ‘sugar mummy’ after 9 months of marriage – Woman shares experience
- SIM re-registration: National Security has warned Akufo-Addo against blockage – Deputy Minority Whip
- Pastor jailed for life after planning coup and black genocide
- 2 sustain gunshot wounds at mining firm in Samreboi
- Police confirm another murder orchestrated by Mankessim suspects
- Banking Sector Clean-up: We should have allowed institutional disciplines to work – Alhassan Andani
- ‘I predicted my goal against Czech Republic in 2006’ – Asamoah Gyan
- Let’s build capacities of SMEs to harness full potential of e-commerce – GIZ
- DVLA to increase charges effective October 3
- Blunt thoughts: Shady contracts, a broken economy and Akufo-Addo being booed – Writings on the Wall?
- Take risk; do not be afraid to fail – Kofi Amoabeng to youth
- ‘Everything was working well for me in 2010’ – Asamoah Gyan on best year of his career
- Eddie Cudjoe: Optimising electricity use for business profitability
- In pictures: Tears flow as murdered nurse applicant’s body arrives in her hometown
- First trailer for Johnny Depp and Amber Heard trial movie ‘Hot Take’ Drops
- Halt operations in Tano Nimiri Forest Reserve – Lands Ministry tells Chairman ‘Wontumi”s mining company
- Illegal mining, lack of fertilisers risk undercutting 2022/2023 cocoa yields in Ghana – Redd Intelligence
- Increase Producer Price of cocoa to ¢838 to alleviate farmers plight – GCCP
- Shut door on Ghanaians having Ghana card but yet to re-register SIM card – Communications Ministry urged
- Meghan Markle wanted to live in Windsor Castle and be seen as a princess, royal expert claims
- Nespresso premieres new boutique concept in Accra at Marina Mall