The New Patriotic Party (NPP) Communications Director says former President John Mahama must be seen to be supporting government’s fight against the new coronavirus pandemic.
Yaw Buaben Asamoa, speaking on JoyNews’ AM Show Wednesday, echoed his party’s critique of the opposition National Democratic Congress (NDC) flagbearer’s efforts in the battle against the disease.
The NDC presidential nominee, he said, is operating a parallel-like government which is aimed at undermining efforts of the Akufo-Addo administration.
This, Buaben Asamoa said, is not best practice.
According to him, such support packages should be sent to the national pool for distribution.
“We expect everybody to be behind the president. It does not detract from your identity as an opposition political leader,” he said.
The Adentan MP also faulted John Mahama’s live telecast addresses.
He said the addresses, delivered with the national flag behind Mahama while he is criticising government efforts are not the best.
“Mahama can go to the Jubilee House and request an audience with the president and nobody would stop him,” the legislator said.
But responding to the NPP communicator, Ketu South MP, Fifi Kwetey said the presidency and the NPP are hypocrites.
He said the NPP’s call for opposition parties to bring their quota to government for disbursement is because they want to control the entire narrative in the Covid-19 crisis.
The NPP and government are a group of “insecure” people, Mr Kwetey said, adding they are just being unreceptive to competition.
- Takoradi woman faked pregnancy and kidnap – Regional Minister
- Fugees announce reunion tour, Ghana listed among countries
- Ablakwa to file another urgent question in Parliament over Akufo-Addo’s ‘extravagant’ foreign trips
- Police interdicts 4 officers who assaulted Tamale residents over illegal connection
- Provisional census results peg Ghana’s population at 30.8m – Statistical Service
- Kohwe was not my brother – George Laing clarifies
- Police deny NPP executives’ bail request for 12 arrested protestors in North East Region
- Peugeot Landtrek Double Cabin 4×4 vehicle launched; assembling of Peugeot vehicles in Ghana to begin in March 2022
- Suspected thief made to weed acres of land as punishment at Bibiani
- Takoradi missing woman: Neighbours, husband dispute Regional Minister’s claim she faked pregnancy, kidnap
‘Admit AU in G20 Group of Nations – Akufo-Addo
‘Ghana will defend democracy and constitutional rule’ – Akufo-Addo
Guinea coup: Military junta willing to see to Condé’s release – Akufo-Addo
‘Vaccines as a tool for immigration control is retrogressive’ – Akufo-Addo
Absa Group to Implement Second Significant B-BBEE Transaction
Musician Kaakyire Kwame Appiah enstooled Benkumhene Of Bosomtwe Asaman
Suaman youth shower praise on Akufo-Addo for DCE appointment
Izwe Savings and Loans rewards customers and staff at its 10th anniversary virtual cake cutting ceremony
Prudential Bank donates vehicle to reward first runner-up of teacher prize
Seth Kwame Awuku: Parliament -Amending the 1990 ECOWAS supplementary protocol
Playback: Akufo-Addo addresses 76th session of UN General Assembly
Mozzart Bet offers biggest odds in 3 games today
Kohwe was not my brother – George Laing clarifies
Northern Region Police Commander visits victims of brutalities in Tamale
R. Kelly’s legal team brings witnesses who say they never saw abuse by the singer