It has emerged that former President John Mahama played a major role in former diplomat Victor Smith and former President J.J. Rawlings smoking the peace pipe.
Mr Smith, Ghana’s High Commissioner to the U.K. under the Mahama administration, told Adom FM’s morning show, Dwaso Nsem, said during his feud he met Mr Rawlings in England where he accorded him all the protocols he deserved.
He said it was Mr Mahama who pleaded with him to make those efforts to broker peace, adding that the apology smoothened the relationship between him and his former boss.
“When I had challenges with Rawlings, we were not cool till he came to England and I accorded him all the respects and protocols because Mahama asked me to make peace with him. I apologised and he accepted my apology,” he said.
But Mr Smith says the feud returned when he confronted the former President on his constant attacks on the National Democratic Congress (NDC).
“I went on the attack because he always criticised our party and makes the New Patriotic Party (NPP) look like an attractive party and because he didn’t like my posture, he again became angry and so we are not friends anymore,” he said.
- Many still unable to buy ECG credit
- Photos: Actor ‘Waakye’, laid to rest
- Indonesia: At least 174 dead in football stadium crush
- ECG system challenges an internal attack, initiate investigations – Sam George to government
- Adwoa Smart cries at Prince Yawson’s funeral
- “We’re building a thriving tourism economy in Ghana” – Akufo-Addo
- Chiefs, DCEs, others to blame for worsening galamsey situation – Lands Minister
- Marrying an older man meant I became a widow at 34
- Manchester City beat Manchester United in nine goal thriller
- SSNIT, other companies shut down Bawku office over security concerns
- Veteran actor Ekow Blankson reported dead
- 3 members enough for Black Stars Management Committee – Fred Pappoe
- Ibrahim Mahama wins EMY Africa Man of The Year
- Performance wrap of Ghanaian players abroad over the weekend
- Towards sustainable development of Africa’s upstream market…A Tullow Oil perspective
- Peg dollar for duty payments at least quarterly – GUTA to government
- National Security arrests Imam for having links to jihadist group
- Hearts of Oak appoints David Ocloo as assistant coach
- Be circumspect in your coverage of conflict – NMC tells radio stations in Bawku
- Thomas Partey scores stunning goal in Arsenal win over Tottenham
- CalBank commissions new ICT Lab for SDA Schools in Koforidua
- Sustainability requirements shouldn’t be a ruse to block our cocoa and coffee – Oppong Nkrumah
- CAF re-opens bids for AFCON 2025
- GCR affirms Ecobank Ghana rating A+, outlook stable
- Bright Simons: GNPC fails in bogus defense of Genser sweetheart deal