The Metropolitan Archbishop of Accra, Most Rev. Charles Palmer Buckle has warned against the unbridled politicisation of education in the country, maintaining the consequences would be dire if the current trend continues.
The changing of the educational system with the coming into office of every new government, he said, was dysfunctional and ought to stop!
The Archbishop was speaking on Joy FM’s Super Morning Show Monday on a communiqué issued at the weekend by the Catholic Bishops’ Conference which is calling on government to maintain the four-year Senior High School system.
He said there was no need for the government to hurriedly revert to the three-year SHS system when an evaluation of the four-year system had not been done to determine whether it served its purpose.
“Education is our biggest heritage. If we keep politicizing education, in the next 10 years, you and I will suffer the consequences,” he told sit-in host of the Super Morning Show, Bernard Nasara Sayibu.
He expressed regret that the country’s educational system was being “toyed with by those who should know better.”
Most Rev. Palmer Buckle justified the Catholic Bishops’ Conference’s call for the abolition of the Computerised School Selection and Placement System (CSSPS).
According to him, the system was dogged by confusion, corruption and efficiencies and must be abolished and replaced with a workable system.
The CSSPS, he insisted, had defeated the purpose for which it was introduced and must be abolished.
- I asked Akufo-Addo to forgive me for opposing Bawumia as running mate – Ama Busia
- Akuapem Poloo’s child is with me, he doesn’t know what is going on – Actress’ lawyer
- 7 times Ghana has beaten Nigeria to the prize
- NDC must focus on healing the horse, not selecting a rider – Kunbour
- Attorney General supports my motion for appeal – Lawyer for Akuapem Poloo reveals
- ‘A tenant may be evicted for a month’s arrears’ – Rent Control
- 12 leading clubs confirm formation and format for breakaway Super League
- Whether dumsor is back or not, current power outages must be resolved immediately – Prof Adei
- Tottenham sack Mourinho after 17 months
- Teen charged in killing of 45-year-old Ghanaian Lyft driver in the US
New cocoa management system to promote transparency
Thirteen drown as vehicle plunges into canal in Philippines
GNC complies with EPA directives to stop pollution of Tano River
Industries are killing water bodies in Greater Accra – Kpone Mantse
Vanessa Bryant shares intimate wedding picture to mark 20th anniversary with Kobe Bryant
Fire engulfs Mampong College of Education administration block
Corruption in Ghana a reality that must be addressed – Prof. Adei
Hollard Life Launches MeBanbɔ to provide insurance for underserved
Norwegian Ambassador to Ghana pays courtesy call on Communication Minister
Cadres Tema meeting doesn’t conflict with NDC retreat – Kunbour
500 Covid-19 vaccines expire due to low patronage in some regions
Fire razes over 30 shops at Kumasi Central Market
Afienya, Ashaiman, Katamanso and other areas in Accra to have interrupted supply – Water Company
2 drug traffickers excrete 191 pellets of cocaine, heroin at Nigerian airport
Japan Motors launches New Nissan Sunny in Ghana