A 27-year-old young man, identified as Prince Yoma, has been arrested by the police at Sehwi for shooting a motorbike rider he boarded in a bush.
Information gathered revealed that the suspect hired the motorbike rider, Charles Bosompim from Sehwi Essase, a farming community in the Akontombra district to transport him to Sehwi Ahibenso in the Bodi district.
The suspect is reported to have diverted their route through a lone area with the explanation of receiving the fare from a colleague working in a mining site along the road.
En-route, the suspect, Prince Yoma, pulled a locally manufactured pistol and shot at the neck of the motorbike rider unprovoked.
Recounting the incident to Adom News, the victim said he fell flat and pretended he was dead while the suspect retrieved items of his interest including the motorbike.
Once the suspect fled the scene, the victim revealed he rushed to seek help from some residents, and he was aided by some nearby farmers.
He was sent to the hospital at Sehwi Juaboso but later referred to Asafo and Komfo Anokye Teaching Hospital finally. He is, however, receiving treatment.
The police were informed and subsequently laid an ambush to arrest the suspect.
The suspect is in police custody at Bodi while the investigation is ongoing. The motorbike, two Ghana cards, a pistol and other items were retrieved from the suspect.
- Fuel prices to increase by 7%-13% from February 1, 2023 – IES
- The Fourth Estate uncovers fraud in SHS computerised placement
- My wife has left me because of my child with another woman – Osofo Kyiri Abosom
- Full video: SHS computerised placement for sale
- New chief falls from palanquin during coronation in Central Region
- Debt Exchange Programme: Article 71 Office Holders must take a 50% haircut – Labour Federation
- 8 persons arrested in ‘School placement for sale’ exposé
- Haruna led Minority leadership had challenges working with Bagbin – Asiedu Nketia
- Education Ministry cautions against payment of money for school placement
- Assault on Latif Iddrisu: No policeman touched him – Attorney General
- Cost of fuel: Ghanaians must pay fair market prices – PUMA Energy President
- DWP USA was created to bring all cultures together
- School placement for BECE graduates to be released in February – Ministry of Education
- Gold for Oil deal lacks transparency; it must go before Parliament – Mahama
- School placement system must be overhauled – Dr Peter Anti
- Deborah Acquah qualifies for 2023 World Athletics Championships
- Pay Toure over GHC 100k within 45 days or face transfer ban – FIFA orders Medeama
- Gold for Oil deal: First consignment not enough for market – Research Analyst
- Police nab 4 over alleged robbery at Wassa Agona
- Stop National Cathedral project, cut-down government expenditure and leave our money alone -Nurses to government
- 3 grabbed for pulling down storey building at Cantonments
- NTDs in Ghana; Let’s act now, let’s act together, let’s invest in the fight!
- School placement for sale exposé: Culprits will be dealt with – Education Minister
- Dancers are footsoldiers of Afrobeats, their impact is huge – DWP Dance Academy US manager
- WAEC explains BECE grading system