An Asamankese Circuit Court has convicted a 38-year-old unemployed to 30 months imprisonment for indecently assaulting a farmer, Grace Animah.
Stephen Anane Ayitey was also convicted into 18 months for assault, contrary to section 84 of the criminal offences Act 1960 (Act 29).
The sentences will all run concurrently.
The court presided over by Abubakari Abass Adams ruled that he serves his jail term in hard labour.
Inspector Samuel Owusu, the Prosecuting Officer, told the court that the complainant is a farmer residing in Breku-Manso, a suburb of Asamankese. The convict also lives in the same town.
According to him, on June 1, 2019, at about 5: 30 am, the complainant was returning from all-night prayer service to Betom-Owuram when the convict emerged from the bush and attacked her.
He told the court Ayittey indecently inserted his fingers into the complainant’s vagina while struggling with her.
The prosecutor said the convict assaulted her mercilessly and took ¢200 away from her after the victim pleaded and suggested he took the money to gain her freedom.
The complainant later reported the case to the Asamankese Police, where she was issued a medical form for treatment at Asamankese Government Hospital.
The Police later arrested the convict at a prayer camp, and during interrogation, he admitted the offences.
He was arraigned after a report on the victim was sent to Attorney General`s office for advice.
- Uneasy calm at WondaWorld Estates as wildlife officers move in to remove tigers
- Renowned American producer Timbaland reacts to Black Sherif’s Kwaku The Traveller
- Video of trainer playing with Cheddar’s tigers pops up
- Who is Kelvin Taylor? – Yvonne Nelson quizzes
- 2 Nigerians arrested for attempting to kidnap a 5-year-old child
- Cheddar’s Tigers are well secured – Forestry Commission
- ‘My 2 tigers are to help boost tourism’ – Freedom Jacob Caesar
- Ghana records $4.5bn remittances in 2021, places 2nd in Sub-Saharan Africa – World Bank
- I took tramadol for confidence to approach my crush; I nearly died – 24-year-old man
- What the law says about keeping wild animals like tigers as pets in Ghana
‘A minister gave Cheddar licence to import his tigers’ – Barker-Vormawor claims
Livestream: Newsfile discusses impacting-influence topics for a better Ghana
Average lending rate rises to 21.6% in April 2022 – BoG
Mobile Money transactions register 9.99% year-on-year growth in 4-months of 2022
VRA bares teeth at Sentuo Steel over pollution
Court orders lawyer of Josephine Panyin to file her witness statement
Ghana’s public debt hits ¢391bn as of quarter 1, 2022
Mariupol: Russia declares complete victory at Azovstal plant
Monkeypox: 80 cases confirmed in 11 countries, says WHO
Kwesi Arthur – the Akan rapper inspired by dreams
Nigeria’s facial scars: The last generation
‘Put our taxes to good use’ – Agbogbloshie traders urge AMA to desilt clogged drains
Deliver textbooks for basic schools before end of second semester – GNAT President tells goverment
Ministry of Education signs contract with Publishers Association to print textbooks for basic schools
Akufo-Addo cuts sod for $90m University of Engineering & Agric Sciences