An unidentified young man has been stoned to death by a mentally challenged woman.
The incident is reported to have happened on Monday afternoon atop the Kwame Nkrumah Circle.
In a video circulating on social media, the unknown man was seen lying in a pool of blood with a large stone near his right hand.
JUST IN: An unknown guy stoned to death by a mad woman at Circle. pic.twitter.com/ZRCn7I5NKl— SIKAOFFICIAL🦍 (@SIKAOFFICIAL1) August 1, 2022
An eyewitness gave a detailed account to Myjoyonline.com of what led to the man losing his life.
According to him, the deceased was a pillion rider on a moving ‘Okada’ on one of the interchange levels when the woman struck him.
Them don arrest the mad woman👍 pic.twitter.com/Rb0u4iMTWB— SIKAOFFICIAL🦍 (@SIKAOFFICIAL1) August 1, 2022
The eyewitness said that when the victim fell off the motorbike, the woman pounced on him and attacked him with the large stone.
“The man died before passersby arrived at the scene”, the eyewitness added.
Police later apprehended the woman after a mob had threatened to lynch her.
She was handcuffed and transported in a police pickup truck bucket, escorted by three officers and a man in civilian clothing.
Meanwhile, a car with the registration number GS3499-17 was also involved in an accident at the same stretch, but the driver escaped unharmed.
The driver was taken to the hospital for treatment.
Find below the pictures from both scenes:
- Police arrest man flogging toddler in viral video
- Daddy Lumba opens up on being bedridden for over 5 years
- Government increases cocoa price by 21% to ¢800 a bag
- Black Sherif releases ‘The Villain I Never Was’
- ‘Akufo-Addo must resign; he’s giving us too much headache’ – Kpebu
- Residents of Ashalaja sleep in kiosks as their homes remain flooded
- Ghana’s debt to GDP is not properly accounted for – Ato Forson
- Suicide is never an option – Funny Face
- Stella Gyimaah Larbi adjudged overall best teacher for 2022
- IMF won’t lend to Ghana if debt levels are unsustainable – Theo Acheampong
- Daniel Afriyie Barnieh to run down Hearts contract as he rejects new deal
- 281 artisans pass out as certified electricians in Ashanti region
- Government records fiscal deficit of 6.4% as of September 30, 2022 – BoG
- Brother stands in as groom skips wedding to train
- Cedi loses 37.5% in value to dollar as of September 30, 2022 – BoG
- 51 GrEEn SMEs receive over ¢1.3m total matching grant to expand their business
- Banks profit-before-tax grows 25.2% to ¢6.1bn
- Kanye West wants Jamie Foxx to play him in a movie
- Black Sherif’s ‘Soja’ debuts on Billboard’s US Afrobeats Chart
- Road Minister sorry for ‘worst’ roads in region
- NPP sets Legal Directorate; appoints Gary Nimako as director
- Economic activity moderate as construction, port activities slowdown – BoG
- ‘Black Sherif’s album will do better than Shatta Wale and Sarkodie’s album’ – Bullgod
- WHO alert over India-made cough syrups after deaths in The Gambia
- GNAT laments delay in release of SSNIT, Tier 2 pension contributions