Popular legal practitioner, Ace Anan Ankomah, has dismissed claims that he was involved in the Menzgold and Horizon Royal Diamonds scandal that resulted in the arrest of Nana Appiah Mensah aka NAM1, Chief Executive Officer of Menzgold Ghana Limited.
One Kevin Ekow Baidoo Taylor, in a video posted on social media, alleged that the UAE company, Horizon Royal Diamonds, contacted Ace Ankomah’s law firm to represent them in a case that deals with fraud by two individuals Adewoye Olorunfemi Adetunje, a Nigerian and Charles Opoku Darko, a Ghanaian.
Mr Taylor further alleged that after listening and seeing photos of the culprits from the representatives of the Dubai Company, Ace Anan Ankomah agreed to press charges and help them retrieve the $50 million paid to the ‘fraudsters.’
According to him, Ace Ankomah contacted former EOCO boss Dr KK Amoah whom he (Taylor) alleged to be the Uncle of Ace, to help in the case at hand.
But Mr Ankomah in a statement debunked the allegations.
According to the statement, Mr Ankomah’s law firm, Bentsi-Enchill, Letsa and Ankomah (BELA), was only engaged by a Dubai-based attorney on behalf of a UAE company.
It said “The work instruction did not mention or relate to either Menzgold or Nana Appiah Mensah. Neither the firm nor I have been involved in any incidents that allegedly happened in Dubai several months after we had been first instructed.”
It indicated that BELA was instructed to continue the process when the Dubai incidents came up for the Accra matter and that of Dubai were separate and unrelated.
“The client did not seek our opinion on the Dubai incidents and we proffered none. Every document or evidence that we received from the client and which was meant for the police we delivered to the investigator at the Commercial Crime Unit of the police, Chief Inspector Wisdom Semanu,” it says.
Meanwhile, Mr Ankomah denied allegations that the former EOCO boss, Dr KK Amoah is his uncle.
The statement pointed out “He (EOCO boss) is a colleague lawyer and I know him very well as we have the same hometown. I also consider him an older friend as he considers me his senior at the Bar.”
- World Bank classifies Ghana as high debt distressed country; debt to GDP to hit 104%
- While others mocked me, Seidu Agongo offered to help – Kofi Amoabeng
- ‘Suck a breast within October’ – Health expert advises men
- Police on manhunt for man flogging toddler in viral video
- Child Rights International places ¢10k bounty on head of man flogging toddler in viral video
- President’s son loses army post after Twitter spree
- E-levy: GRA blames charging entities for wrongful deductions
- ‘I sold my mansion for me not to go broke’ – Kofi Amoabeng
- UTAG, 3 university labour unions to strike on October 13
- Small Scale Miners unhappy with Lands Ministry handling of Wontumi’s mining firm
- Akufo-Addo calls on chiefs, MMDCEs to actively rally behind government to curb illegal mining
- Stella Gyimaah Larbi adjudged overall best teacher for 2022
- Daddy Lumba opens up on being bedridden for over 5 years
- Residents of Ashalaja sleep in kiosks as their homes remain flooded
- Government increases cocoa price by 21 percent to ¢800 a bag
- Consumer Protection Agency raises alarm on sale of already registered SIM cards
- President’s speech did not offer any new direction in fighting galamsey – Daryl Bosu
- Samuel Antwi beats Johnson Acquah to win the Translight Solar Tennis Super Cup
- Two sisters settling family feud on Big Chef
- Minority in Parliament pressures government to announce producer price of cocoa for 2022 season
- 25 killed as bus plunges into gorge in India
- Masloc begins training for its staff as nationwide digitisation rollout
- GFA launches Talent Identification and Development Programme
- Illegal miners torture suspected thieves on site
- Suicide is never an option – Funny Face