Ghanaian American comedian, Michael Blackson is considering running for President in Ghana.
According to him, he is contemplating becoming a head of state in the next twelve years because he believes the people would need his help.
His statement following several tweets complaining about the high cost of living in the country.
“Looks like I’m going to prepare myself to run for president in 12 yrs (sic). I think the people needs me,” he wrote.
Michael Blackson bemoaned that life in the country has become expensive despite parts of West Africa being the poorest in the world.
Looks like I’m going to prepare myself to run for president in 12 yrs. I think the people needs me.— Michael Blackson (@MichaelBlackson) June 13, 2022
He noted that government needs to lower the taxes and fees paid at ports so importers can sell their goods at reliable prices to consumers.
“C’mon Ghana why are things so damn expensive? I just tried to buy furniture and appliances and they are over twice the price of what they cost me in the U.S. I love my continent but we have to do better to help our people,” he wrote.
We are not at war with anyone so why are we paying the price for other people’s problem. West Africa is probably the poorest part of the world but shit cost the most why?— Michael Blackson (@MichaelBlackson) June 13, 2022
The comedian added that “I found out the other day that little girls in the remote areas can’t afford tampons or pads so they drop out of school because they are embarrassed to bleed around boys smh.”
He also added that despite the call for a reduction of fees at ports, importation needs to be minimised.
I love my continent but we have to do better to help our people. I found out the other day that little girls in the remote areas can’t afford tampons or pads so they drop out of school because they are embarrassed to bleed around boys smh.— Michael Blackson (@MichaelBlackson) June 13, 2022
Michael Blackson believes the country has too many resources to be importing goods.
Meanwhile, the comedian turned actor is hoping to project the country for the meantime through film. In an earlier interview, he revealed that he would be shooting some films in ghana.
He explained that this could help not only project the country but also build support and investments for the movie industry.
“I decided this summer that I will shoot a project here. It would be a comedic series, something I could sell to Netflix and Amazon.
“Ghana has so much beauty that I want the world to see. I want us to eventually be a place where people come to shoot a big movie,” Micheal Blackson said.
The actor is also hoping to inaugurate his school in September.
Michael Blackson in an earlier tweet called on qualified people to apply for the position of principal in his school located at Nsaba near Swedro in the Central Region.
This school, he noted, is his way of giving back to his society.
- ECG’s IT department resisting checks and balance moves by MD – Kwadwo Poku
- Akufo-Addo directs SIGA Boss to probe infractions in 2021 Auditor-General’s report
- Mankessim murder: We didn’t commit crime with mason; he only dug hole for burying a victim – Chief
- Moody’s downgrades Ghana’s economy further within junk status
- Akonta Mining Limited has no permit to undertake any mining operations in Tano Nimiri Forest Reserve – Minerals Commission
- The viral lynching that was to end Nigeria’s mob justice
- I am still receiving threats from people on social media – KiDi
- COCOBOD signs $1.13bn syndicated loan for 2022/2023 cocoa crop season
- Watch Daddy Lumba break down his hit song ‘Yene Wo Sere Kwa’
- Celebrities mourn Ekow Blankson
- Provident Insurance donates medical equipment to Princess Marie Louise Children’s Hospital
- Edmund Yirenkyi Fianko elected to ITU’s Radio Regulatory Board
- Joy News’ Joojo Cobbinah, NGO sue government over River Offin menstruation taboo
- Illegal mining: Government has failed- Concerned citizen
- Live2Lead Leadership Conference by John Maxwell to be held in Ghana on Oct. 7
- Ghana joins in celebration of World Cerebral Palsy Day
- First-ever Food Systems Pavilion to be hosted at COP27 in Egypt
- Free SHS making a giant impact in the education sector – Education Minister
- Dr Ravi Prabhu appointed Director General ad interim of World Agroforestry
- GIS holds 6th Time Educators Conference
- Kingmakers of Pakyi No. 1 angry with Chief for allowing illegal mining activities to surge
- ‘My son likes my dirty songs’ – Kidi
- Nektunez joins Akon’s Konvict Kulture family
- The rise of prostitution commonly termed hookup among university students
- Absa Bank and MasterCard Foundation to grant ¢2.5m to Fintech/Agritech Startups