The Minority in Parliament has accused the government of spending GH¢32 million on meetings and seminars under its Covid-19 expenditure between January and September.
The opposition who have been pushing for a probe into how the government expended the Covid-19 monies accrued during the pandemic, also alleged mismanagement of the funds.
In an interview with JoyNews, the Ranking Member on Parliament’s Health Committee, Kwabena Mintah Akandoh, pledged that such extravagant expenditure will not be ignored.
According to him, NDC MPs will ensure that a thorough breakdown of funds expended on Covid-19 is duly accounted for.
“We will put the matter before the House and ensure that accountability is achieved,” he told Kwesi Parker-Wilson.
The select committees of Parliament are meeting with leaders of various Ministries, Departments and Agencies (MDAs) to render accounts and justify their budgets for 2022.
- ECG’s IT department resisting checks and balance moves by MD – Kwadwo Poku
- Scores of residents displaced, others trapped as Weija, Oblogo and Tetegu flood
- Mankessim murder: We didn’t commit crime with mason; he only dug hole for burying a victim – Chief
- Watch Daddy Lumba break down his hit song ‘Yene Wo Sere Kwa’
- Akonta Mining Limited has no permit to undertake any mining operations in Tano Nimiri Forest Reserve – Minerals Commission
- NSMQ 2022 launched; fixtures for preliminary stage released
- I am still receiving threats from people on social media – KiDi
- ‘I have unfinished business with Black Stars’ – Milovan Rajevac
- The viral lynching that was to end Nigeria’s mob justice
- Kwesi Yankah: Dear Ace Ankomah, the Birim River is gone
- Police on manhunt for man flogging toddler in viral video
- I’m a record-breaker, but they hate to project it – Zahara says of critics
- I am grateful to Asantehene and other chiefs for protecting Dr. Bawumia – Nayiri
- 95% of human trafficking survivors in shelter homes are Nigerians – Gender Ministry
- From the streets to Mandela’s feet – Zahara tells her story
- Small Scale Miners unhappy with Lands Ministry handling of Wontumi’s mining firm
- Livestream: PM Express discusses ‘Galamsey’
- The Countess of Wessex visits DRC to show urgent need to tackle sexual violence in conflict
- 843 KNUST Mastercard Foundation scholars benefit from short courses
- Your directive to SIGA D-G unnecessary – Clement Apaak tells Akufo-Addo
- Weija-Gbawe Assembly provides safe havens for displaced flood victims
- South Dayi MP donates items to support schools in district
- Pay compensation to affected customers – PURC orders ECG
- Exclusive photos: Hundreds rendered homeless at Ashalaja
- Milovan Rajevac calls for Black Stars unity as World Cup looms