She, however, said there was intense pressure from people outside her family even though she considered such pressures to be emanating from the love they have for her.
“Some of these people really went about it the bad way but I believe they were eager to see how McBrown will behave as a mother when she marries and gives birth,” she said.
View this post on Instagram
Culturally our community puts a lot of pressure on women to get married and to give birth do you agree or are times changing? Are you facing the same issue? How are you dealing with this? Watch my full interview with @iamamamcbrown #odananetwork #women #pregnant #marriage #peerpressure #marriagepressure #miscarriage #girltalk #linkinbio https://youtu.be/4DA4yMKE5sA
She made the disclosures on the ‘Dentaa’ show while commenting on societal and cultural pressures on women when it comes to marriage and childbirth.
According to Nana Ama McBrown, after her wedding, she was still in awe as she didn’t believe she could become someone’s wife while growing up.
According to her, she never relied on any man to survive hence it never occurred to her that she would become a wife.
She, however, blamed her long lonely life on her popularity.
- Afia Schwarzenegger fined GH¢60k in contempt case
- Gospel musician accuses police of killing her brother in a scuffle over cash
- Deadline for Domestic Debt Exchange Programme extended to Feb 7
- Assault of Latif: Attorney General begs for time to pursue settlement talks
- Minority leadership rancour is a needless distraction – Okudzeto Ablakwa
- Trader jailed for causing harm to ‘Good Samaritan’
- Chicago prosecutor drops R Kelly’s sex-abuse charges
- Leicester City sign Ghanaian youngster Nathan Opoku
- Ghana places 72nd, stagnates in 2022 Corruption Perceptions Index
- Stonebwoy revisits VGMA brawl with Shatta Wale on The Breakfast Club
- Southampton confirm signing of Black Stars winger Kamaldeen Sulemana
- Husband tells wife to pay him 30% of her salary for using their home office to work
- Ukraine deserves to join Nato, says new Czech leader
- CHAN 2022: Senegal see off Madagascar to set up final with Algeria
- Sex and no sleep may be killing endangered quolls – Research
- Tobe Nwigwe names Stonebwoy, Burna Boy, others as musicians he hopes to work with
- Kwaku Antwi-Boasiako: No one has seen God!
- South Africa considers $52m deal with Spurs – report
- Gabriel Asante: Why a review of Free SHS should focus on protecting the poor
- Malawi president reduces size of cabinet in reshuffle
- Cedi to remain stable against dollar
- Today’s front pages: Wednesday, February 1, 2023
- Ghana’s economy to rebound in 2024 – IMF
- Alternative Livelihoods Project: 3,000 former illegal miners gain employment
- Record Botswana diamond sales in 2022 as Russia shunned