Neymar has signed a contract extension with Paris St-Germain, keeping the Brazil forward at the French giants until 30 June, 2025.
The 29-year-old said “happiness” was the main factor in signing a new deal.
Neymar, who joined PSG in a world-record £200m deal in 2017, had been linked with a move away, including a return to Barcelona.
“I have grown as a person here, as a human being and as a player, too,” he told the PSG website.
Neymar was in the final year of his contract, having signed a five-year deal on his initial arrival.
He has scored 85 goals and registered 51 assists in 112 games for PSG.
However, he has had a difficult relationship with the club’s fans at times and was booed after expressing a desire to move back to Barcelona in 2019.
Neymar said he had undergone a “very positive evolution” in his time at PSG.
“I have learned a lot. Things have happened that should not have happened,” he said.
“We had fights, a few sad times, but I am happy and proud to be part of the history of Paris St-Germain.
“I hope to put many more trophies on the shelf for PSG.”
PSG, who are chasing a fourth consecutive Ligue 1 title, are four points behind leaders Lille with a game in hand.
🤙❤️💙#NeymarJr2025 pic.twitter.com/sGM4K27n7T— Paris Saint-Germain (@PSG_English) May 8, 2021
- Asking Domelevo to proceed on leave unconstitutional – Supreme Court
- Prof Gyampo slams Akufo-Addo over presidency’s request for CVs of senior EC officials
- Supreme Court strikes out law that allowed government to impose restrictions during Covid-19 pandemic
- Prof. Ama Ata Aidoo passes on aged 81
- Essipong: The Decaying Sports Stadium
- Petrol, diesel prices to stay same; LPG to go down 5% – IES
- Abedi Pele watches Jordan Ayew face off with Andre Ayew at Selhurst Park
- Fire burns shops at Madina-Ritz junction again
- Gomoa Okyereko accident: Man narrates how his family of 6 survived horrific crash
- National Cathedral: We need $100m to import steel for work to proceed – Dr Opoku Mensah
- I’m sad presidency is at the forefront of doing unconstitutional things – Domelevo on Supreme Court ruling
- Tighten rules of Public Financial Management Act to cut budget deficit – Terkper
- Adanwomasehene inaugurates 3-unit classroom block for Adanwomase R/C Primary
- Ghana to fully digitize GMet weather observation system
- Climate Change Talks: Loss and Damage Fund and GST take centre stage as AGN strategises for Bonn SB58
- Simon Wilberforce Kwami Tsadidey
- WAFU B Women’s U20 Cup: Ghana seal final spot with comeback win over Burkina Faso
- ATL is official fabric sponsor at Kumasi Fashion Week 2023
- PFAG provides clarity on Yussif Chibsah’s ‘King Faisal player bribe comments’
- CPA Secretary-General meets Leadership of Parliament
- M.anifest joins father to celebrate his grandmother’s 98th birthday
- Market queens lead delegation to pick NPP flagbearer nomination forms for Alan Kyerematen
- You’re the one doing politics with your promise to scrap ex-gratia, not me – Nana Akomea to Mahama
- NPP will repeat resounding Kumawu victory in Assin North by-election – Richard Ahiagbah
- Kwame Nkrumah Circle: A memorial of honour or dishonour?