The governing New Patriotic Party (NPP) has disclosed that the party will soon begin a nationwide exercise of compiling a register of all its members.
NPP General Secretary, John Boadu disclosed that persons wishing to be members, at each of the over 38,000 polling stations of the country will also be registered, as part of the party’s restructuring and reorganisation efforts.
This exercise, according to him, is expected to commence in the month of April 2021, after the party’s National Executives Committee (NEC) meets and adopts the proposed modalities for its rollout.
He encouraged every member of the party to go to their respective polling stations and get their details captured in the membership register which shall be kept at the polling station levels, and updated every six months in line with Article 3(10) of the NPP Constitution.
The governing party’s chief scribe and Director of Operations and Logistics for the 2020 campaign [John Boadu] made this disclosure on Tuesday, at a meeting with party grassroots including constituency executives of the Bono East Region at the regional capital, Techiman.
The meeting forms part of the National Executives’ nationwide ‘thank you tour’ following the party’s 2020 electoral victory, which was recently affirmed by the nation’s Supreme Court as a true and accurate reflection of the will of the Ghanaian people.
At the moment, all the ten elected National Executives of the NPP, led by the National Chairman, are embarking on a nationwide tour to touch base with the party’s grassroots, and to also listen to their legitimate grievances.
Each of the ten national executives of the party took a turn to address the meeting of party grassroots in the regions visited.
The executives have so far visited Greater Accra, Ashanti, Bono, Ahafo and Bono East regions.
They are expected to resume their tour of Greater Accra on Thursday, where they will be visiting some outstanding constituencies, which will then mark the completion of the first phase of their nationwide tour.
Also in attendance at these ‘touching-base and thank you’ meetings, were the regional executives who were led by their regional chairmen, as well as MMDCEs and Members of Parliament for the respective districts and constituencies that were visited.
The National Executives embarking on this tour comprised the National Chairman, Freddy Blay; General Secretary, John Boadu; National 1st Vice Chair, Rita Asobayire; National 2nd Vice Chairman, F.F Anto; National 3rd Vice Chair, Omari Wadie; National Treasurer, Abankwa Yeboah; National Organizer, Sammi Awuku; National Youth Organizer, Nana Boakye; National Nasara Coordinator, Abdul Aziz Futah; and the National Women Organizer, Kate Gyamfua.
- Social media reacts to how youth hooted at Akufo-Addo during concert
- NDC orchestrated the heckling of Akufo-Addo at Global Citizen Festival – NPP
- Apart from some senior players, no one is guaranteed a place – Andre Ayew on Ghana’s World Cup squad
- 23,495 Ghanaians test positive for HIV in 6 months
- Black Stars arrive to rousing welcome in Spain ahead of Nicaragua friendly
- Bagbin has not resigned from Ghana Bar Association – Dafeamekpor
- Frontiers Contract contains information we cannot disclose – Ghana Airports Company Ltd
- Ghana’s programme will focus heavily on debt sustainability – IMF
- Parliament approves fees for “access” to information
- ‘Stop the foolhardiness, Akufo-Addo’s booing at Global Citizen Festival wasn’t orchestrated’ – Stan Dogbe tells NPP
- 14-year-old pregnant girl, 15 others rescued from being trafficked to Côte d’Ivoire
- Wa killings: 18 arrested so far
- I will choose Mahama over Akufo-Addo – Kumchacha
- Government begins second phase of discussions with IMF
- Halt the activities of Seven Seas salt company – Ketu South residents to government
- Livestream: PM Express discusses Ghana’s impending debt restructuring
- Ghana cannot avoid debt restructuring currently – Cassiel Ato Forson
- Super Clash: Asante Kotoko file complaint over officiating
- KCCR records zero cases of Covid-19 samples in 2 months
- Luv FM Habitat Fair: Republic Bank offers flexible mortgage packages for home ownership
- Stop abusing prednisolone for weight gain – Pharmaceutical Society of Ghana warns nursing mothers
- We won’t recognise Ghanaian doctors trained in war-hit Ukraine – Medical and Dental Council
- “I hope to play more matches and make the Black Stars successful” – Inaki Williams
- We must build on second half performance against Brazil – Inaki Williams
- Adwoa Boatemaa Adu-Poku wins CEEK Miss Ghana UK 2022