3news.com has reported that a New Patriotic Party (NPP) delegate has died after casting his vote in the party’s orphan constituencies primaries.
Jonathan Nii Otoo Ankrah collapsed Saturday at the Korle-Bu Police Station polling station in Ablekuma South constituency, Accra.
He was pronounced dead shortly after being rushed to the Korle-Bu Teaching Hospital.
It is unclear what caused his death.
“What everybody is saying is that there was nothing wrong with him. He had finished voting and was standing very close to the roadside when he collapsed,” reported an eyewitness.
The Ablekuma South Constituency Organiser of NPP, Abel Banini who confirmed the news said added that the deceased is indeed a delegate of the party.
“We don’t know exactly what happened to him,” Banini said “but all of a sudden we saw him falling down and then some of the guys took him to the hospital. Before we got there we learnt he has passed away,” he added.
The governing New Patriotic Party (NPP) voted Saturday to elect Parliamentary candidates to represent the party in the 2020 elections.
The voting was limited to orphan constituencies.
These “orphan constituencies”, are the areas the party lost the 2016 Parliamentary Elections to the opposition National Democratic Congress (NDC) and, therefore, has no sitting Members of Parliament.
- ‘I never promised to build a harbour in Cape Coast’ – Akufo-Addo
- Fact-check: Did the NPP promise to build a harbour in Cape Coast?
- Visa refusal for MPs supporting anti-LGBTQ+ Bill should prompt them to develop the country – Adusei Poku
- You are responsible for what you do with your feelings – Apostolic President tells LGBT community
- ‘God says we should sing a new song’ not plagiarise – Cindy Thompson to take legal actions against offenders
- NDC must pass Vote of No Confidence on Mahama – Atta Akyea on 1 million secret ballots claim
- NDC Caucus begin audit of MPs refused visa to establish whether it is linked to anti-LGBTQ+
- I lied because people were associating me with politics – Cindy Thompson on ‘Awurade Kasa’
- Funny Face threatens to kill his baby mama and commit suicide
- Cape Coast Metropolitan assembly members blame EC for chaotic MCE confirmation
Togbe Afede XIV calls for law to ensure successive governments complete ongoing projects
Full text: Sammy Gyamfi’s speech at NDC press conference over persistent increase in fuel prices
‘You lied to Ghanaians about fuels prices’ – NDC tells Akufo-Addo
Livestream: PM Express discusses Komenda Sugar factory and the role of politics
Women are more susceptible to mental illness due to biological makeup – Psychiatrist
Consider our students when posting teachers – Principal of Jackson College urges government
Vodafone’s Ashiokai Akrong is ‘HR Practitioner of the Year’
Personnel of K-9 unit of Ghana Police Service deployed across Accra
Barber jailed for abduction and defilement
Akufo-Addo commissions engineering workshop at Cape Coast Technical University
Develop daily routines for your children – counsellor
NBA Vaccination Saga: Is Kyrie Irving being selfish?
Milovan Rajevac reveals desire to give opportunity to home-based players
Huawei partners with Communications Ministry to train 20,000 SHS students in Cybersecurity
Fatawu Issahaku earned his place with performances in the U-20 team – Milovan Rajevac