The body of the Police officer who was killed in the Bono Region has been conveyed to the headquarters in Accra with a parade held in his honour.
The late Sgt. Bright Annobil with the Berekum Police Station was stabbed by a suspect and an ex-convict, Yaw Peprah who had been invited to the police station to assist in an ongoing investigation into a case that Saturday.
The badly wounded Sgt. Annobil died shortly after reaching the Holy Family Hospital where he was rushed while the suspect escaped.
This led the operation into an altercation when he was finally found.
Police say the suspect ” again attempted to attack the arresting officers…”
However, Yaw Peprah was eventually “shot and killed in the process,” per the police statement signed by the Director-General of Public Affairs, ACP Kwesi Ofori.
The body was conveyed to the Police Headquarters in Accra and a parade held in his memory.
Sgt. Annobil’s remains have since been conveyed to the Transitions Funeral Home for preservation.
Below are photos from the ceremony:
- Ghana classified among 10 countries globally at risk of debt distress – CFR Sovereign Risk Tracker
- Ashanti Regional NPP delegates conference: Voting suspended for the 2nd time after protest from Chairman Odeneho
- Chairman Wontumi re-elected as Ashanti Regional NPP Chairman
- Lil Win’s ex wife reacts after he remarries, calls him an opportunist
- Champions League agony for Liverpool as Real Madrid win
- About 70% of the Achimota Forest Reserve is gone – Bright Simons
- Incumbent Greater Accra Regional chairman, Divine Otoo Agorhom retained
- The new youngest self-made billionaire in the world is a 25-year-old college dropout
- Photos and videos: Hitz FM’s Rep Ur Jersey underway at Aviation Social Centre
- Sir John’s alleged property at Achimota forest and Ramsar site will be returned to the state – Abu Jinapor
Let’s remain united in order to break the 8 in 2024 – Retained NPP Volta Regional Chair
‘You’ll never walk alone’ trends on Twitter after Liverpool’s UCL Cup loss
I will use my second term to correct my past mistakes – Newly elected Upper West NPP chair
You left a will that includes all of us – Naana Opoku-Agyemang to late President Mills
Pollution of water bodies by galamsey at an alarming proportion – Water Resources Commission
Makafui Kofi Woanyah retained as Volta Regional NPP Chairman
Champions League agony for Liverpool as Real Madrid win
Chairman Wontumi re-elected as Ashanti Regional NPP Chairman
Incumbent Greater Accra Regional chairman, Divine Otoo Agorhom retained
We are working towards victory in 2024 – John Boadu
Commercialise prosecution of corruption and corruption related offenses – Domelevo to government
Hitz FM’s ‘Rep Ur Jersey 2022’ in pictures
Mind your business – Stefflon Don takes social media by surprise with Burna Boy ‘diss track’
NPP delegates in Bono East Region elect new chairman
Asset declaration law is insufficient – Martin Kpebu