The Ghana Police Service says it has begun investigations into the case of a man who was electrocuted at Avenor after Friday’s downpour.
The incident is reported to have happened between 8 and 9 pm near the VIP bus terminal at Kwame Nkrumah Circle.
He was found lying face down in the water with his belongings.
A cow was also found dead in the flood waters.
Due to this, the residents blocked the road to prevent other people from being affected by the electric shock, since many had no knowledge of the incident.
Speaking to JoyNews, the Accra West Region Communication Officer for ECG Fred Baimbill-Johnson said they are working with the police to unravel the circumstances leading to the death.
Meanwhile, the ECG says it is working to restore power to the area.
- Mankessim murder: Accused persons allegedly confess to killing 2 more people
- Halt operations in Tano Nimiri Forest Reserve – Lands Ministry tells Chairman ‘Wontumi”s mining company
- SIM re-registration: National Security has warned Akufo-Addo against blockage – Deputy Minority Whip
- Police confirm another murder orchestrated by Mankessim suspects
- Banking Sector Clean-up: We should have allowed institutional disciplines to work – Alhassan Andani
- State TV off-air amid gunfire in Burkina Faso
- SIM re-registration: “Eat your humble pie” – Sam George tells Ursula Owusu
- Video of alleged ‘galamsey’ men in gun battle with authorities emerges on social media
- Good Morning America celebrates Ghana as host Robin Roberts explores the country
- Banking sector crisis was not systemic – Alhassan Andani
- Insecurity, self-doubt and fear nearly crushed my dreams but I triumphed – UPSA Law School valedictorian
- I won’t think twice about a Ghana call-up – Salis Abdul Samed
- Directive for Chairman Wontumi’s mining firm to stop work not enough, A-G must step in – OccupyGhana
- Ibrahim Gusau elected Nigeria Football Federation president
- Ghanaian footballer in the US dies in car crash
- Sadiq Abdulai Abu resigns as CEO of 3Music Networks
- I didn’t do music for fame, I wanted to inspire people – Zahara
- 1972 year group of Opoku Ware School refurbishes assembly hall
- Support Kirani Ayat amid copyright infringement allegations against GTA – Trigmatic tells creatives
- Hosts Ghana clash with Nigeria in MEA Rugby League Championship final
- BoG must review policy rate increases; economy not responding –Alhassan Andani
- There is no blueprint and formula for identifying football talents in Ghana – Faisal Chibsah
- Prosecution is an attempt to tarnish his reputation – Danadams Pharmaceuticals CEO lawyers
- Thomas Partey included in Arsenal squad to face Tottenham Hotspur
- Woman kills former landlord with hammer, steals $40k through forged checks