The police officer who allegedly sexually harassed a lady in a vehicle has been granted a ¢10,000 bail with one surety.
General Lance Corporal Victor Antwi Yeboah, was ordered by the Sunyani District Court B to reappear on December 15.
After hearing the case, the adjudicator, Eric Daning, ordered the victim and the suspect to settle the matter out of court.
According to Mr Daning, the charges are all misdemeanours; as such, the law, as stated Sections 73 and 74 of the Court 1993 Act 459, permits reconciliation in matters which are not felonious.
The police officer seen in a viral video allegedly harassing the female occupant of a vehicle has been identified as Gen. Lance Corporal Victor Antwi Yeboah of the Bono Region Command.— PRINCE HENRY KOFORIDUA 🇬🇭💯 (@tabi_henry) November 28, 2021
The Ghana Police Service in a statement says the officer has been arrested pic.twitter.com/1j297NkbHd
On Sunday, a viral video sighted showed the Police officer touching the victim’s thighs with his lips and hand against her will. He threatened to slap her.
She screamed, “What are you doing? Are you touching me?” to which the Police officer replied, “I will slap you.. we are not doing anything…and you are naked, and I am touching.”
As the video went viral, the Police Service issued a statement rendering an unqualified apology to the suspect. In addition, it promised to get to the bottom of the incident.
Subsequently, the police officer was arrested and arraigned before the court, where he was remanded into police custody.
General Lance Corporal Yeboah was charged with assault and indecent assault, contrary to sections 84 and 103 of the Criminal Offences Act 29.
But he pleaded not guilty to all charges when he appeared before the court on Monday.
- Akufo-Addo reshuffles ministers
- Turkey earthquakes: Ghana star Christian Atsu found after 26 hours under rubble
- He said just the ‘tip’, but now I’m pregnant; the story of a university fresher
- Businessman Ibrahim Mahama to fund treatment, education of former NSMQ ‘Shark’
- GES, Education Ministry to release academic calendar for SHS
- Turkey earthquake: “Huge and miraculous” – Christian Atsu’s local manager reacts to his rescue
- Turkey earthquake: Ghanaian students recount horror
- Demand for dollars ease; BoG sold only $9.2m on spot market
- Haruna Iddrisu did not sell out NDC to us – Kyei-Mensah-Bonsu
- Stonebwoy shares pictures of red carpet moments at 2023 Grammys
- 60% of doctors are in Accra and Kumasi – Health Ministry
- 9 arrested in Atewa Forest for illegal mining
- Pencils of Promise commissions 197th classroom block
- Newmont Ahafo North Mining Project: Chiefs, youth groups appeal to government to apply state laws, warns WACAM
- Reshuffle is to reinvigorate government – Majority Leader
- Majority Leader stops taking fuel allocation in response to Ghana’s economic woes
- Digital Cooperation Organisation makes case for collaboration at LEAP in Saudi Arabia
- Asante Akim Marathon winner to compete in world cross country competition
- DDEP: Government commends bondholders who have tendered their bonds
- DDEP: Government grants 3-day administrative window for bondholders to complete processes
- Merqury Quaye to headline first DJ concert in Ghana on March 5
- Playback: One-on-one with Osei Kyei-Mensah-Bonsu
- ‘The Lord is your shepherd, you shall not want’ – Bagbin prays for Haruna Iddrisu and co
- Epixode hopes to be as big as Grammy winner Kabaka Pyramid ‘one day’
- Expert trauma surgeon shares life-saving tips for road accident victims on Vodafone Healthline