Audio By Carbonatix
The Sofoline Police in Kumasi have begun investigations into a case of a four-year-old girl found dead under the bed of a 30-year-old man who is said to be mentally retarded.
According to an eyewitness, there was dry foam in the girl’s nostrils and mouth when her body was discovered a day after she had gone missing from her house at Denchemuoso, near Kwadaso in Kumasi.
The police confirmed the incident and told the Daily Graphic that investigations are underway to unravel the mystery surrounding the little girl’s death.
According to the police, a suspect is yet to be arrested, but in the meantime, all tenants of the house where the girl lived have been invited for questioning.
The Chief of Denchemuosor, Nana Ofori Sarkodie, also told the Daily Graphic that the girl was reported missing around midday on Saturday, February 2, and that all efforts to locate her had proven unsuccessful.
He said that around 3.30 p.m. on Sunday, he was informed that the little girl’s body had been discovered under the bed of one Atta Yaw, the prime suspect.
Nana Sarkodie said that moments after the little girl went missing, a search party started looking for her but could not locate her until the following day.
He said it was Atta Yaw’s family members who informed him that the body of the missing girl was lying supine under Atta Yaw's bed.
Nana Sarkodie added that prior to discovering the body, Atta Yaw’s family could not locate him either, so they began another search for him.
He reported around 3:30 pm on Sunday, one of the family members decided to take the suspect’s mattress to dry in a field, explaining that the suspect was prone to wetting his bed.
He explained that it was after the family member had removed the mattress that she saw the body of the missing girl.
Nana Sarkodie said the woman who discovered the body became hysterical and her behaviour attracted other people, who rushed into the room to find the girl’s body.
DISCLAIMER: The Views, Comments, Opinions, Contributions and Statements made by Readers and Contributors on this platform do not necessarily represent the views or policy of Multimedia Group Limited.
Tags:
DISCLAIMER: The Views, Comments, Opinions, Contributions and Statements made by Readers and Contributors on this platform do not necessarily represent the views or policy of Multimedia Group Limited.
Latest Stories
-
Ghanaian skincare brand KAEME wins DHL ESG Excellence Exporter of the Year award
15 minutes -
Communique: Democracy Not for Sale Forum – Ho Edition
35 minutes -
National Health Insurance Levy Uncapped: The Game Changer
36 minutes -
Akwatia MP accuses Minority of shifting GoldBod debate from facts to personal attacks
49 minutes -
Gov’t to spend GH¢2.8bn on secondary infrastructure as Education Minister pushes foundational learning
1 hour -
This is the result of GoldBod activities – Akim Oda MP demand answers over $1.7bn loss
1 hour -
Photos: Sammy Gyamfi at Government Accountability Series
2 hours -
Ghana School of Law SRC President-elect petitions authorities for relief for referred students
2 hours -
Promasidor Ghana unveils Onga Mix Tomato Paste, names Diana Hamilton brand ambassador
2 hours -
‘You admitted the loss, now account for the GH¢22bn’ – Minority hits back at GoldBod CEO
2 hours -
Gender Department raises alarm over rising teenage pregnancy in Ashanti Region
2 hours -
GJA@77: Ethical journalism foundation for strong, resilient democracies – UK Deputy High Commissioner
2 hours -
Police pickup carrying suspects crashes into trotro on KNUST campus, several injured
2 hours -
AMA Mayor apologises to alleged extortion victim, orders refund
2 hours -
Akwatia MP defends GoldBod, says IMF report didn’t blame it for losses
2 hours