The Ghana Police Service has commenced investigations into the alleged attack on Kofi Adoma Nwanwani, the Director of News at Accra-based Angel Broadcasting Network (ABN).
The Service said it began investigating the case immediately it came to its attention.
The Police made this known in a brief press statement posted on its social media pages on Sunday, August 7.
“The Police are investigating alleged attacks by some unknown persons on Stephen Kofi Adomah, a staff of Angel Broadcasting Network on August 6, 2022, at Old Ashongman Village in Accra.
Investigation into the alleged incident commenced immediately the matter came to the attention of the Police.”
About the attack
Kofi Adoma Nwanwanii is currently on admission after being attacked by some unknown persons around Old Ashongman.
The incident is said to have occurred on Saturday, August 6, 2022.
According to information gathered, Mr. Adoma, who is the CEO of Kofi TV and the host of Angel FM’s morning show, was returning from Kuntunse, when the attackers crossed him.
The men, who were on motorbikes and armed with sharp objects, left injuries on the presenter’s face, arms and shoulders.
Further reports indicate that, they attempted to set him ablaze after pouring some substance believed to be petrol on him.
- Social media reacts to how youth hooted at Akufo-Addo during concert
- NDC orchestrated the heckling of Akufo-Addo at Global Citizen Festival – NPP
- Apart from some senior players, no one is guaranteed a place – Andre Ayew on Ghana’s World Cup squad
- 23,495 Ghanaians test positive for HIV in 6 months
- Bagbin has not resigned from Ghana Bar Association – Dafeamekpor
- Black Stars arrive to rousing welcome in Spain ahead of Nicaragua friendly
- Frontiers Contract contains information we cannot disclose – Ghana Airports Company Ltd
- Ghana’s programme will focus heavily on debt sustainability – IMF
- Parliament approves fees for “access” to information
- ‘Stop the foolhardiness, Akufo-Addo’s booing at Global Citizen Festival wasn’t orchestrated’ – Stan Dogbe tells NPP
- I will choose Mahama over Akufo-Addo – Kumchacha
- Government begins second phase of discussions with IMF
- Livestream: PM Express discusses Ghana’s impending debt restructuring
- Ghana cannot avoid debt restructuring currently – Cassiel Ato Forson
- Super Clash: Asante Kotoko file complaint over officiating
- KCCR records zero cases of Covid-19 samples in 2 months
- Luv FM Habitat Fair: Republic Bank offers flexible mortgage packages for home ownership
- Stop abusing prednisolone for weight gain – Pharmaceutical Society of Ghana warns nursing mothers
- We won’t recognise Ghanaian doctors trained in war-hit Ukraine – Medical and Dental Council
- “I hope to play more matches and make the Black Stars successful” – Inaki Williams
- We must build on second half performance against Brazil – Inaki Williams
- Adwoa Boatemaa Adu-Poku wins CEEK Miss Ghana UK 2022
- We have sufficient stocks of petroleum products to last into New Year – Chamber of Bulk Oil Distributors
- World Bank officials laud Ghana’s Tech Lab over effective operations
- Government puts together post Covid-19 economic programme to guide IMF negotiations