Audio By Carbonatix
Police investigators handling the case of kidnapped girls in Takoradi have been advised to engage in more meetings with the families of the girls.
This follows the unwillingness of the three families to cooperate with the investigators on possible new leads on the case.
The police CID boss, Tiwaa Addo Danquah had said at a press conference that the police know where the girls are and that they are safe and would be reunited with the families.
The officer, however, said at a later date that her comments were only geared at giving hope to the families.
Four months on, police have found human remains in a septic tank on property previously occupied by a prime suspect in the kidnappings, Samuel Udutoek Wills.
An update from the police on Tuesday said a fourth set of human remains have been found at the site Udutoek was rearrested when he broke jail.
The police have said they are in contact with the families to get DNA samples to match with the remains to help in their investigations.
But speaking to the press, the families have jointly said they won’t avail themselves for the DNA tests.
According to them, the police have assured them that their girls are safe therefore it makes no sense to match their DNA with the skeletons.
Speaking to the concerns of the families on the AM Show on JoyNews, Martin Kpebu, a private legal practitioner said: “the police should engage the family behind the scenes.”
Martin Kpebu
According to the lawyer, the families are grieving and are frustrated with the process; this has made them come out to say they won’t avail themselves for the DNA tests.
To alleviate their pains, Kpebu said some government officials should also visit the families periodically to encourage them.
“The Regional Minister should go there to engage with the families,” the lawyer advised.
Latest Stories
-
NSMQ 2026: Holy Child School storms back from two-year NSMQ absence to book One-Eighth ticket
7 seconds -
GNFS dismisses reports of unpaid 2025 rent allowance
1 hour -
Gordon Asare-Bediako steps down from NPP Communications Director race, backs Dennis Aboagye
1 hour -
GES dismisses requirement for newly promoted teachers to submit documents for salary adjustments
1 hour -
Meko Bono 2026: Vice President pledges agricultural revival as Atebubu hosts grand homecoming
2 hours -
Russian skydiver Sergey Boytcov sets world record with 11,551-metre stratosphere jump
2 hours -
Ablakwa-led committee submits five reports to Mahama ahead of 2027 AU chairmanship
3 hours -
Africa not seeking Western cash in reparations campaign – Ablakwa
3 hours -
Production decline, reserve depletion threaten Ghana’s upstream sector – Jinapor
3 hours -
Surveyors caution against treating compensation disputes as professional misconduct
3 hours -
Mahama calls for AU dialogue on migration after South Africa xenophobic tensions
3 hours -
I haven’t experienced any envy in the gospel music industry — Ohemaa Mercy
4 hours -
Prayer does not solve everything — Ohemaa Mercy
5 hours -
New PURC office symbolises stronger consumer protection – Dr Jinapor
5 hours -
Rev. Wengam re-elected Assemblies of God, Ghana General Superintendent
5 hours