Voting has begun in earnest in the Talensi constituency in the Upper east Region where the people are electing a new Member of Parliament.
The seat became vacant after the former MP Robert Mosore was enskinned the paramount chief of Tongo.
A total of 39, 523 voters are expected to cast their ballot in the 74 polling stations in the constituency.
Some voters who spoke to Joy News’ Albert Sore at the Tongo Community Centre Polling Station say the process has been smooth.
"When I entered the process was totally smooth for me I didn’t face any challenges. I didn't have any finger print challenges or anything of that sought", the first voter told Abert.
The stakes are high for the vacant seat, particularly between the New Patriotic Party (NPP) and the National Democratic Congress (NDC).
NPP Vice-Presidential candidate Dr Mahamudu Bawumia (smock) and NDC MP for Akwatia (in cap) are observers in the election.
According to the NPP Flagbearer, Nana Akufo-Addo, retaining the seat after close of polls Tuesday will prove his party is well placed for victory in the general elections in 2016.
The NDC is also hoping to win the seat especially because the party has had the seat in the constituency for 20 years before its reign was ended in 2012.
- Man arrested for threatening to release nude videos of late brother’s wife
- ‘I’m extremely regretful’ – KiDi apologises for ‘inappropriate and unkind’ old tweets
- Mankessim murder: Accused persons allegedly confess to killing 2 more people
- Every single day Akufo-Addo remains President, the country drifts into peril – Dr Amoako Baah
- My husband left me for a ‘sugar mummy’ after 9 months of marriage – Woman shares experience
- SIM re-registration: National Security has warned Akufo-Addo against blockage – Deputy Minority Whip
- Pastor jailed for life after planning coup and black genocide
- 2 sustain gunshot wounds at mining firm in Samreboi
- Police confirm another murder orchestrated by Mankessim suspects
- Banking Sector Clean-up: We should have allowed institutional disciplines to work – Alhassan Andani
- ‘I predicted my goal against Czech Republic in 2006’ – Asamoah Gyan
- Let’s build capacities of SMEs to harness full potential of e-commerce – GIZ
- DVLA to increase charges effective October 3
- Blunt thoughts: Shady contracts, a broken economy and Akufo-Addo being booed – Writings on the Wall?
- Take risk; do not be afraid to fail – Kofi Amoabeng to youth
- ‘Everything was working well for me in 2010’ – Asamoah Gyan on best year of his career
- Eddie Cudjoe: Optimising electricity use for business profitability
- In pictures: Tears flow as murdered nurse applicant’s body arrives in her hometown
- First trailer for Johnny Depp and Amber Heard trial movie ‘Hot Take’ Drops
- Halt operations in Tano Nimiri Forest Reserve – Lands Ministry tells Chairman ‘Wontumi”s mining company
- Illegal mining, lack of fertilisers risk undercutting 2022/2023 cocoa yields in Ghana – Redd Intelligence
- Increase Producer Price of cocoa to ¢838 to alleviate farmers plight – GCCP
- Shut door on Ghanaians having Ghana card but yet to re-register SIM card – Communications Ministry urged
- Meghan Markle wanted to live in Windsor Castle and be seen as a princess, royal expert claims
- Nespresso premieres new boutique concept in Accra at Marina Mall