The Ghana Police Service says its Ashanti Regional Police Command has commenced investigation to establish the circumstances surrounding the violent clashes between the youth and security personnel in Ejura Sekyedumase on Tuesday.
The clash lead to the death of two and injury of four including a military lieutenant, it added.
The Service says it’s preliminary investigation shows that following the burial of activist Ibrahim Mohammed aka Kaaka at Mempeasem cemetery at Ejura, “some irate youth blocked the main Ejura Atebubu road impeding traffic.”
“The Police moved in with military reinforcement to quell the situation but the irate youth charged on the security officers with all manner of implements including firearms, clubs, machetes and stones.
“The security officials fired shots to disperse the angry mob who failed to retreat but rather massed up at all corners. The death and injuries were recorded in the process.”
It said as of 3:30pm on Tuesday, the security situation was calm.
“However, security has been reinforced to ensure total stability.
“The Regional Command has also taken over investigation into the murder of Kaaka and appeals to all who have credible information to share with the Command at the Central Police Station, Kumasi or call 0299207770. The strictest confidentially is assured.”
The Command is appealing to all, especially the youth of Ejura to remain calm and also calls on Nananom and opinion leaders to call for restrain to ensure peaceful environment.
- Woman ordered to refund $80k after she refuses to marry man who paid her fees
- Suspected food poisoning: 5 die after eating waakye
- Haruna Iddrisu disclaims posts on Facebook, Twitter handles purported to be his
- Government reaches deal with Securities Industry Association to sign up for Domestic Debt Exchange
- Court orders for pregnancy test of woman convicted in ¢50k theft before sentence
- Debt Exchange Programme: Jubilee House, EMT against inclusion of individual bondholders – Bright Simons
- Man butchered by unknown assailants at Krofrom in Ashanti Region
- Patience Ozokwor explains why she didn’t remarry after husband’s death
- DDE could be a positive turning point for Ghana – Alhassan Andani
- Full Report: Technical Committee on exclusion of individual bondholders from Debt Exchange Programme
- #SomethingWickedAwards live on Hitz FM
- Climate change funds should be used more for adaptation and mitigation efforts – Penplusbytes
- 1 suspect arrested in Krofrom gang attack
- Only 1 person died from suspected food poisoning at Oyibi – FDA
- UMB launches 2 new life insurance products with SIC Life
- Gang burns down six-bedroom house in reprisal attack at Krofrom
- Five shot dead at Jerusalem synagogue – reports
- We need to continue pressing for information – Prof Gadzekpo urges public
- Proposals for selecting leaders of NDC Minority Caucus was ignored – Haruna Iddrisu
- Lack of affirmative action cause of lopsided nature of Parliament – Prof. Audrey Sitsofe Gadzekpo
- I can’t wait to get started – Antoine Semenyo after completing Bournemouth move
- Lynx Entertainment signees ‘BDSM’ thrill patrons at Coming Soon EP release party
- #FillGPLCenters: Aziz Haruna is not wise for blaming Hearts management on poor attendance – Sowah Odotei
- Trend of malpractices of BECE candidates since 2018
- Woman butchers male farmer over boundary dispute