Injured Paris St-Germain forward Kylian Mbappe will miss the Champions League quarter-final with Atalanta in Lisbon on 12 August.
Mbappe, 21, sustained an ankle injury during the French Cup final against Saint-Etienne on Friday, ruling him out for three weeks.
He could return for the semi-final on 18 August, if PSG qualify.
Scans confirmed “an ankle sprain with damage to the external ligament”, the club said.
PSG added: “The player is expected to be sidelined for approximately three weeks.”
France international Mbappe left the pitch in tears after being fouled by Saint-Etienne defender Loic Perrin in the first half of PSG’s victory.
The conclusion of this season’s Champions League, delayed by the coronavirus pandemic, will consist of an eight-team straight knockout tournament in the Portuguese capital, with the final on 23 August.
The Champions League final is on 23 August.
- Police arrest man flogging toddler in viral video
- Daddy Lumba opens up on being bedridden for over 5 years
- ‘Akufo-Addo must resign; he’s giving us too much headache’ – Kpebu
- Government increases cocoa price by 21% to ¢800 a bag
- Loans to become more expensive as BoG hikes policy rate to 24.5%
- Black Sherif releases ‘The Villain I Never Was’
- Ghana’s debt to GDP is not properly accounted for – Ato Forson
- Residents of Ashalaja sleep in kiosks as their homes remain flooded
- Nigerian oil export terminal had theft line into sea for 9 years
- IMF won’t lend to Ghana if debt levels are unsustainable – Theo Acheampong
- A-G advises Interior Ministry to compensate Ejura shooting victims
- GEPA optimistic of achieving 2029 NTES revenue target of $25.3bn
- Two health institutions in UK award £10 million to fight non-communicable diseases in West Africa
- Parliament warns Herald Editor to cease exposés on controversial GNPC/Genser Energy contract
- Cardiovascular diseases on the rise in Ghana; access to healthcare still a challenge – Report
- Power supply was curtailed to Weija, adjourning communities due to flood – ECG
- Nigeria Plans 15% Increase in Borrowing to Fund Record Deficit
- Government running Ghana as “a satellite state of international capital” – Martin Amidu
- Playback: NDC holds presser on illegal mining
- Daniel Afriyie Barnieh to run down Hearts contract as he rejects new deal
- Increase price of bag of cocoa to ¢1,500 or we smuggle it – Farmers
- 281 artisans pass out as certified electricians in Ashanti region
- Government records fiscal deficit of 6.4% as of September 30, 2022 – BoG
- Brother stands in as groom skips wedding to train
- Cedi loses 37.5% in value to dollar as of September 30, 2022 – BoG