Real Madrid, Barcelona and Athletic Bilbao have begun legal action against La Liga after it agreed a £1.7bn investment.
The deal with private equity fund CVC Capital Partners was agreed last week.
In a joint statement, the clubs called the deal “an illegal transaction”, adding it would cause “irreparable damage” to Spanish football.
“It flagrantly violates the most elementary principles of Spanish sports law,” Real said.
The CVC deal marks the first investment agreement from a private equity firm in a major European league.
On Friday, 37 of the 42 clubs in Spain’s top two leagues voted in favour of the ‘Boost La Liga’ deal that buys CVC an 8.2% stake in a new company that will manage revenues from La Liga broadcasting and sponsorship rights.
“This is a new milestone in the history of La Liga and its clubs,” La Liga president Javier Tebas said last week.
“It allows us to continue our transformation towards a global digital entertainment company, improving the competition and enhancing the fan experience.”
The clubs that signed the deal with CVC agreed to spend 70% of the funds on investments linked to new infrastructure and modernisation projects. Up to 15% can be used to sign players, with the remaining 15% for reducing debt.
- Peter Nanfuri’s name will be written in gold in Ghana’s history – Akufo-Addo eulogizes former IGP
- Social media reacts to Bawumia’s ‘One student, One laptop’ announcement
- NPP group in Ashanti angry with Napo over his ‘anti-party’ comments
- Playback: Akufo-Addo addressed Ghanaians on Covid-19, IMF
- ‘This too has passed’ – Akufo-Addo on Covid-19 pandemic
- Stop insulting citizens if you want to be president again – Nana Akomea tells Mahama
- IMF bailout won’t immediately end Ghana’s difficulties – Akufo-Addo
- Independent Power Producers reject government bid to restructure $1.58bn debt
- Don’t join NPP if you don’t believe in ‘Development in freedom’ motto – Pianim
- Independent Power Producers threaten to cut power supply by June 30
- NPP flagbearership race: Supporters pick form for Dr Afriyie Akoto
- Yamoah Cadman wraps up 2023 NCAA-II outdoor season as All-American, other Ghanaians impress
- UBA Ghana shares its rich culture on Africa Day
- Ghana records 1,462 Covid-19 related deaths in three years
- Ken Addy worried live musical instruments will fade out
- Barca legends Alba, Busquets bid emotional farewell to Camp Nou
- Supreme Court dismisses land ownership claim by Teshie family
- Edem Agbana commends Adentan and Ring-Road Central Rotaract clubs for their donation to Tadzewu M/A Basic School
- Ashanti Region Super Zonals: OKESS and St. Louis triumph as T.I Ahmadiyya lose top spots
- Fitch Solutions maintains 2.9% growth rate forecast for Ghana 2023
- Let’s unite to remove E-levy, Covid-19 levy – Ablakwa urges MPs
- Review of flagship programmes: Let’s not touch Free SHS – Kwame Pianim
- Joseph Paintsil scores brace as Genk cruise past Club Brugge
- Turkish election victory for Erdogan leaves nation divided
- Lawrence Agyekum & Forson Amankwah win Austrian league title with Red Bull Salzburg