Real Madrid came from behind to beat Mallorca at the Bernabeu and maintain their 100% winning start to the season.
Mallorca took the lead against the run of play when Vedat Muriqi headed in at the back post from Lee Kang-in’s cross.
But Real Madrid equalised in first-half injury-time through Federico Valverde’s fine strike from the edge of the area.
Vinicius Jr put them ahead with a calm finish after a run from Rodrygo, who scored a superb individual goal, before Antonio Rudiger volleyed in a fourth.
That strike, in the third minute of stoppage time, was the first goal for the Germany defender since joining Real Madrid on a free transfer in the summer following the end of his Chelsea contract.
Carlo Ancelotti’s side had started the weekend top of La Liga before Barcelona moved above them on Saturday following a 4-0 win at Cadiz, but this victory took Real Madrid back to first place.
The reigning Spanish champions, who now have 15 points from five matches, were without forward Karim Benzema after he suffered a thigh problem during the 3-0 Champions League win at Celtic on Tuesday.
The injury is set to keep the France international out of the home European game against RB Leipzig on Wednesday and next Sunday’s derby at Atletico Madrid.
- Developing world faces $2.5trn shock; Ghana behaves like rich sultanate in the gulf – Bloomberg
- Chinese nationals release dogs on GRA tax officers at quarry site
- Beautiful photos drop as Mahama’s son and Algerian wife welcome their 1st child
- Police pursue Caprice robbery suspects
- Alan Kyerematen’s campaign song pops up at Kufuor’s 84th birthday bash
- List of key bondholders resisting Ken Ofori-Atta’s Domestic Debt Exchange
- Court discharges 6 Policemen accused of bullion van robberies
- Kofi Kinaata’s ‘Made in Taadi’ 2022 edition cancelled
- Andre Ayew pays courtesy call on National Chief Imam with daughter
- Exclusive: IMF and Ghana expected to reach staff-level agreement by Tuesday – Sources
- D’banj released from custody over lack of evidence – lawyer
- IOM, JICA donate equipment and ambulances to GHS
- Debt-ridden Ghana’s cedi posts world’s biggest gain against US dollar
- Unemployed remanded for murder over ¢30
- One week observance for Mrs Gladys Baako on December 17
- Exclusive: US Government to approve Ghana’s IMF request at Board level
- Broken down waste truck inconveniences Haatso residents
- Gospel musician Rosey says she gets most love and support from secular artistes
- Parliament approves nomination of 2 judges to Supreme Court
- World Cup 2022: Brazil head coach Tite steps down after quarterfinal exit
- IPR President urges advertisers to be relevant in this austere moment
- NPP MPs were whipped into walking out of Parliament – Rasheed Draman
- Government has collateralised proceeds from ESLA until 2035 – Mahama alleges
- Every no for me was an opportunity to prove a yes – Rocky Dawuni
- Minority advocates capping of Supreme Court judges at 13