A joint committee from Akpafu and Lolobi Traditional Areas have petitioned the Electoral Commission to explain why the electorates have been moved from the Hohoe Constituency in the Volta Region to the Jasikan District in the Oti Region.
According to the Committee, all their electoral activities have been in Hohoe adding that it came as a surprise to them when in the published voters’ register, it was indicated that they have been moved to the Jasikan District.
“You must be aware that we were lumped into the new Oti Region in error and against our express wishes which matter is currently before the court,” the petition written to the EC read.
The Committee stated that the court during the trial said the two traditional areas can remain in the Hohoe Constituency till January 6, 2021.
“Take note that our people were fully engaged in the selection, nomination and election of all candidates in the primaries of all the political parties in the Hohoe Constituency.”
The Committee added that the electorates know these candidates better and trust them to represent them well. They however do not know the candidates in the Jasikan/Buem Constituency.
“This petition respectfully seek urgent clarification on their electoral status and voting mandate in the upcoming 2020 elections.”
The Committee is therefore demanding assurances that on election day the people will not be disenfranchised or discriminated against when they go out to vote.
- Medical Doctor gets emotional on Joy FM over debt exchange
- Black Stars’ Christian Atsu reportedly missing after earthquake in Turkey
- Haruna Iddrisu accepts changes in Minority leadership
- Turkey earthquakes: Christian Atsu found – Turkish media confirm
- ‘God, please’ – Asamoah Gyan prays for Christian Atsu, other celebs join
- Muntaka accepts Minority leadership reshuffle after meeting with Mahama
- Let’s continue to pray for Christian Atsu – Mahama to Ghanaians
- It is sad BoG unlawfully printed $3.3bn for government – IEA Director of Research
- Yul Edochie’s first wife threatens to sue actress over photoshopped image with Judy Austin
- Ankaful Psychiatric Hospital offers free treatment to former ‘NSMQ shark’
- Don’t behave like Finance Ministry is your personal property – Kpebu tells Ofori-Atta over nonpayment of matured coupons
- Glory to God – Social media users rejoice after Christian Atsu found alive
- Put hefty taxes on alcohol, cigarettes to generate funds money to fight cancer
- Total household spending falls by 11% in 2022 – UK-Ghana Chamber of Commerce survey
- NDC to consider reforms for selecting leaders in Parliament – National Council of Elders
- We want to make VAR interventions more understandable for spectators – Pierluigi Collina
- 2022/23 betPawa PL: Mukwala nets brace as Kotoko run riot against Accra Lions
- Parliament resumes from recess today
- ‘You are free to sign DDEP is not the same as exemption’ – Dr Adu Anane Antwi
- Stonebwoy shares pictures of red carpet moments at 2023 Grammys
- Ghana Gas to build second Processing Plant; 1.5k jobs assured
- Remarkable progress with ongoing IMF programme is significant to recovery efforts; momentum must be sustained – Ofori-Atta
- The origin of Hiplife: How rapping in Twi ‘blew people’s minds’
- Family of Thomas Sankara boycotts burial plans
- Court reinstates sacked anti-corruption chief