The Founder and Leader of Glorious Word Power Ministries International, Reverend Isaac Owusu Bempah and two others have been slapped with new charges.
The state filed the new charges after withdrawing the previous ones which were dismissed by the court.
The popular pastor and the two others; Bright Berchie and Mensah Ofori, have been on trial for about three weeks after they were arrested for issuing threats, brandishing weapons and attacking Police officers.
The trio was subsequently granted bail in the sum of ¢200,000 two weeks ago with two sureties each.
However, the prosecution in the case has substituted the charges and slapped the defendants with counts of offensive conduct conducive to the breach of peace and threat of death.
According to the public prosecutor, the cases need to be separated to ensure an efficient and swift trial.
Again, the three pleaded not guilty to the new charges.
The Accra High Court consequently granted the cleric a self-recognizance bail to the tune of ¢100,000 while the two others have been granted bail of ¢100,000 with two sureties each.
This case has been adjourned to Wednesday, November 10, 2021.
Rev Owusu Bempah has also been granted ¢400,000 bail in the other case he and Michael Boateng, Frederick Ohene, and Nathaniel Agyekum, were charged for causing harm and unlawful damage to a police vehicle.
They were asked to reappear on Monday, November 15, 2021, for their hearing.
- Fuel prices to fall between 2% and 9% from April 1
- Mohammed Kudus not eligible to play at 2023 U-23 AFCON
- Social media reacts to Bagbin’s rant on Kamala Harris and Akufo-Addo’s LGBTQ+ comments
- MP dies after hit-and-run motorcycle crash
- Parliament decriminalises attempted suicide
- Ernest Kobeah pulls out of NDC flagbearership race
- Ghanaian achieves outstanding results in global Finance and Accounting exam
- Take care of yourself, you would be replaced when you die – Speaker to MPs
- #NanaAt79 trends as Ghanaians celebrate Akufo-Addo on his birthday
- McDan’s Salt Company disconnected from national grid over GH¢300k debt
- 2022/23 betPawa PL: Hearts of Oak back to winning; Samartex beat Kotoku Royals
- Today’s front pages: Thursday, March 30, 2023
- Prioritise three revenue bills to facilitate IMF programme- BoG Governor to parliament
- Anti-LGBT bill: The bill has not ben diluted – Defeamekpor
- Anti-LGBT bill: It promotes hate crime – Partington
- Government dismisses claims of Gh₵2.3 billion debt owed to Green Ghana seed providers
- Ghana’s integrated aluminium industry on course – Lands Minister
- Anti-LGBT: The President must go for what the people want – Most Rev. Gyamfi
- Leila Djansi’s mentee in UNESCO/Netflix project releases movie
- Nana Ansah Kwao IV apologises to Ghanaian youth
- Kelvyn Boy endorses Joy Prime’s Cues & Lyrics music reality show
- Playback: PM Express discuss whether US is interfering in the passage of anti-LGBTQI bill
- No individual can take credit for NPP government projects – Kpando MCE
- Akan chiefs wield authority, not power – Ansah Kwao IV
- My lost hand became my motivation – First youngest Ghanaian Pure Math Professor