Forward, Sadio Mané has been sighted flaunting Senegal’s 2021 Africa Cup of Nation (AFCON) trophy, a day after the national soccer team’s victory.
Mané scored the winning goal during the penalty shootouts against Egypt on Sunday, February 6, at the grand finale of this year’s AFCON tournament.
It is, therefore, not unusual to see the “Best Player of the Tournament”, who is Liverpool’s winger be attached to the gold-looking trophy.
During the tournament, he scored three goals and assisted with two.
The 29-year-old shared on his Instagram page images of him showing off with the trophy in excitement.
He also had around his neck, the medal he received from the Confederation of African Football (CAF) yesterday. It is unknown where exactly the pictures were taken.
Speaking to the press after Senegal’s victory, Mane dedicated the trophy to head coach Aliou Cisse.
“For me, I want to dedicate this trophy to Aliou Cisse, I think he deserves it. He is something else,” he said.
He added: “It’s not only the most important trophy, but it’s also the most important day of my life, the best day of my life. And of course, so far the best trophy of my life and I can’t express my feeling, I am very happy.”
Senegal has expressed intense excitement after taking its first trophy. Social media platforms have been flooded with videos of people dancing while holding the country’s flag.
The excitement does not end there as Senegal’s President, Macky Sall has declared Monday a public holiday to celebrate the national football team’s win.
Also, according to reports, President Sall will reward the team on Tuesday at the Presidential Palace.
- Former NDA CEO accuses successor of doctoring figures, forging his signature in ¢10m fraud case
- Arise Ghana hits the street today to protest poor economic conditions
- 85% revenue has been lost due to E-Levy – African Network of Entrepreneurs CEO
- Government will withdraw e-levy if it’s not helpful – Kwaku Kwarteng
- Social media users jubilate over E-levy flop
- Jackie Appiah’s home leaves many speechless
- Health Minister submits over 10 documents against Ato Forson in ambulance case
- ‘E-levy not a bad tax; Ghanaians just don’t want to pay taxes’ – Gabby Otchere-Darko
- Arise Ghana appeals High Court ruling on protest
- 28 years of teaching but living on loans – Life of a teacher
Fake police officer granted ₵70k bail over fraud
Businessman remanded over theft of Toyota vehicle
Arise Ghana Demo: Police arrest 3 protesters
10 things emotionally neglected kids grow up believing — that are simply not true
Fidelity Bank records 32% increase in Profit Before Tax
BoG elected Vice Chair of African Financial Inclusion Policy Initiative
Luv FM High School Debate: St. Hubert competes with Opoku Ware
Tear gas fired at Arise Ghana demo
Ghana Post wins International award for Best EMS Customer Care
‘We don’t fix matches at Gold Stars’ – CEO responds to match-fixing allegations
Volta Division One Middle League kicks off
MTN Group climaxes its 21 Days of Y’ello Care Campaign
‘Comparing NDC to NPP is like comparing light and darkness’ – Sam George
Mastercard and Ecobank Group partner to digitise agricultural value chains in Africa￼
Arise Ghana Demo: ‘Step down if you can’t rule Ghana anymore’ – Protesters tell Akufo-Addo